Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive seat conversion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 P85 with grey bench rear seats, and I am looking to convert to the executive rear seats. Tesla is no help on the issue, and I've searched through the forum with no luck. Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the the executive seats into the bench cars, and will the rear facing seats still work with the executive seats if the retro is possible? Thanks for your help.

Should have no impact on the rear facing seats. I don't know where you would source the executive seats, perhaps a wreck? Should bolt in if you can find them.
I can buy them new from tesla still, and there's a few people who have been interested in a trade. I don't want to commit to a trade if it turns out it isn't possible to swap. I feel like it should be a direct swap, but I don't know for sure.

I remember it was not possible to order executive seats with backwards facing seats option (at least in Europe).

I have the opposite question, is it possible to replace the executive seats with standard seats?

If yes, does anyone in Europe want to trade or sell seats, color of the executive seats is beige.

The car is a P90D with executive seats (the only P90D with such seats in the world I suspect), driven less than 10000 km.
I need 5 seats so I have to sell the car if this cannot be solved.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pwdr Extreme
I remember it was not possible to order executive seats with backwards facing seats option (at least in Europe).

I have the opposite question, is it possible to replace the executive seats with standard seats?

If yes, does anyone in Europe want to trade or sell seats, color of the executive seats is beige.

The car is a P90D with executive seats (the only P90D with such seats in the world I suspect), driven less than 10000 km.
I need 5 seats so I have to sell the car if this cannot be solved.
If you find you can swap the executive seat with a bench seat will you let me know? I want to do the same thing.

Someone posted photos of their executive rear seats mated to the rear facing seats in a DIY retrofit thread but I can't find it now. So it has been done, I don't remember how much work he said it took.

I have a 2013 P85 with grey bench rear seats, and I am looking to convert to the executive rear seats. Tesla is no help on the issue, and I've searched through the forum with no luck. Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the the executive seats into the bench cars, and will the rear facing seats still work with the executive seats if the retro is possible? Thanks for your help.

I have the executive 2nd row seats with rear facing seat.
You have to fabricate something for the RFS (in the center) to clip to.

The regular rear seat has a horizontal bar so that the RFS can lock into place. Without this lock, the RFS would just fold back down

My DIY Rear Facing Jump Seats Retrofit (with Service Bulletin / Official Instructions)

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr