Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive seating

mackgoo

Oct 18, 2014
SoCal
I had a loaner the other day and it had the executive seating. I really liked the arrangement. I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade?

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
I had a loaner the other day and it had the executive seating. I really liked the arrangement. I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade?
It would probably be nearly impossible, as they don't offer it anymore.

Strangely, I test drove a P85D with executive seating last weekend that also had LTE, so it was fairly recent produced model. I liked them a lot, but the not folding down made them impractical for me.

perkiset

... this one goes to 11
Jan 7, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I got the executive rear seats and they are superb. I don't think you can upgrade, as it changes the layout of some superstructure stuff.

Sorry man.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19” OD-1/1/21 RN#1143376 NO Date
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Having a BMW with upgraded rear seats in our fleet, we opted for them in our 85D. We don't use our AH7 or 85D to tote so folding wasn't ever an issue. So sorry to see them vanish as they are quite comfortable and give that added little bit extra "needed" between the kids.

IMG_4494.PNG
IMG_4493.PNG
IMG_4495.PNG
IMG_4497.PNG

Footbag

Jun 29, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Whatever happened to the ability for the rear seat occupants to control aspects of the car via the Tesla app? Did that ever get released? Was it dropped? Is my memory wrong about the whole thing?

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19” OD-1/1/21 RN#1143376 NO Date
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Whatever happened to the ability for the rear seat occupants to control aspects of the car via the Tesla app? Did that ever get released? Was it dropped? Is my memory wrong about the whole thing?

@footbag you are correct, and I believe it has been officially swept under the rug. I am not sure I want my 7 & 8 year old "playing" with settings but maybe by the time hey are adults the feature will be available. Laughing and not laughing about it

S4WRXTTCS

May 3, 2015
Snohomish, WA
I'm hoping it was discontinued to make room for an improved version that does fold down. Was there any technical reason they couldn't be made to fold down? Sure there is dealing with the center console, but aside from that? Maybe not as flat, but at least enough not to cause too much issue?

I liked the look of them
I liked the feel of them
I really liked how it removed the middle head rest.
But, the not folding down was a no go.

mgboyes

Apr 16, 2014
United Kingdom
I'm hoping it was discontinued to make room for an improved version that does fold down. Was there any technical reason they couldn't be made to fold down? Sure there is dealing with the center console, but aside from that? Maybe not as flat, but at least enough not to cause too much issue?

I liked the look of them
I liked the feel of them
I really liked how it removed the middle head rest.
But, the not folding down was a no go.

I really liked them, and was OK with them not folding. I just wanted to be able to order the third row kids seats as well as the exec row 2. Then my wife could still ferry 5 kids around during the week for school runs etc, and at the weekend when their grateful parents are taking us out for expensive dinners the 4 adults could travel in comfort.

.... and yes there was supposed to be an app and it has gone AWOL. I don't know anyone who has exec rear seats but I would think the people who did would be pretty upset now that they still have to ask the driver to adjust their seat heating etc.

Usatyke

Feb 11, 2015
Maltby, WA
I have them, there are good and bad things about them (as there are with everything). Love the comfort for four, miss being able to fold the seat.
Rear control is not a big deal, they ask, I change.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC