Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Executives Depart Faraday Future, Company Threatens CFO With Lawsuit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The likelihood that electric car maker Faraday Future will reach it’s ambitious goals are looking to be more in the distant future. Several reports indicate the company’s top executives are exiting the company as it struggles to secure new funding.

Jalopnik confirmed that Faraday Future’s chief financial officer Stefan Krause left the company last month. Faraday Future then issued a statement accusing Krause of “hindering FF’s fundraising efforts.”

Krause was tasked with raising $1 billion for Faraday that would enable production of a futuristic electric crossover called the FF 91. The vehicle would have a range of 378 miles, courtesy of a 130-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack and power output of 1,050 horsepower, enabling a 0-60 mph launch in 2.4 seconds.

Faraday Future’s statement said:

“Stefan Krause’s possible violation of law and lack of contribution to FF’s goals over the course of his leadership since March has led to severe damages to the interests of FF and its investor. FF is currently taking legal actions as a result of Stefan Krause’s malfeasance and dereliction of duty.”

Krause responded with his own statement:

Faraday Future issued a statement today that falsely described my departure from the company. The truth is that I resigned from Faraday Future on October 14, effective immediately.

The company’s statement inaccurately portrays the circumstances surrounding my departure, and includes baseless and defamatory statements about me and my contributions to the company.

I have retained legal counsel and will be exploring all options available to me.

Additionally, The Verge is reporting that two more top executives are leaving the company.

“Ulrich Kranz, the company’s CTO and another former BMW executive who joined in July, is leaving or has already left the company, The Verge has learned. And the same goes for former Ford Fusion program leader Bill Strickland, who was in charge of running Faraday Future’s vehicle manufacturing line. Representatives for Faraday Future declined to comment.”

Faraday Future’s all-electric FF91 was spotted on roads several times last spring. The company also showed off the prototype in a matte black finish at a car show in in Long Beach, Calif.

You may remember a video of a Faraday Future concept cruising the streets where the YouTuber comically asks the FF91 pilot if he’s driving a Tesla Model 3. His reply: “Uh, no.”

Faraday Future was founded in 2014 by Chinese billionaire Jia Yueting and once had more than 1,000 employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it 2 years ago, and i will say it again. This car company will never build a single car on a production line.
Very easy to make "they will fail" predictions about any startup given that the vast majority go bust. When your crystal ball starts working to tell you which startups will succeed give me a call and I'll build a VC fund around you.

Very easy to make "they will fail" predictions about any startup given that the vast majority go bust. When your crystal ball starts working to tell you which startups will succeed give me a call and I'll build a VC fund around you.
I have had some success in this if you are serious give me a call! My wife runs a venture fund in Atlanta and I'm an accredited investor that has participated in 16 initial rounds as an angel and i have lead one round with a consortium of investors.