Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing customer with 3 products - new order has wrong email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have 3 Tesla products on our account (M3, MX, and Solar Roof). I placed an order for a MYP. When processing the $250 deposit Tesla used the email associated with my Apple Pay and now the order is under a different email. How do I get the order to appear on the Tesla account with my other email address?

I have the same problem! Used Apple Pay and it chose my work email instead of my personal email (the one tied to my existing Tesla account and vehicle). Of course I have since learned I could have placed the order from within the app and avoided all this.

Anyway, I’ve been going back and forth with Tesla via email, text and phone since Tuesday trying to resolve. They are much busier now b/c of the price drops and probable have more of these issues to correct as a result.

Question for @neumanngroup regarding the solution. Did you have to create the new account with the new email address before Tesla could merge it with your existing account? Or were they able to merge the order into your existing account without making you create a new account?

And here’s a question for all the smart people on this forum. What if I change the email associated with my existing Tesla account (and vehicle) to the email I accidentally used on my new Y order? Then once everything lines up (existing vehicle and new order all in one account) I simply edit the email address again and change it back to my other email.

Seems like I could do this myself in 5 minutes rather than waiting on Tesla to “merge” the accounts which they say could take up to 5 business days. Anyone see any potential pitfalls to this approach I’m not anticipating?

No that doesn't look like it will work. Get the following error ...
1674410284980.png

So guessing the auto generate an account. Looks like will have to go the merge path :(

Same boat. Not happy with Apple Pay for default choosing an email, a work email no less! And not happy with Tesla for not confirming information prior to order. This morning I was on hold for 36 min before giving up, this afternoon I'm up over an hour of listening to crummy hold music trying to get this resolved.:rolleyes:

My order was a Cybertruck reservation, so while I could have made a credit card order from the website, Cybertruck reservations aren't an option using the app. Any rumors as to why that's not available via the app?🤔