Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing inventory delivery times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucked out and found an existing inventory MYP yesterday AM so I ordered immediately. Got a VIN instantly, but my SA has not been responsive to delivery details.

Does anyone have experience getting a car from existing inventory - does this mean the vehicle is already built? How long does it take to get the vehicle? Are these rejects/loaners with low miles, or are they brand new as listed?

Lucked out and found an existing inventory MYP yesterday AM so I ordered immediately. Got a VIN instantly, but my SA has not been responsive to delivery details.

Does anyone have experience getting a car from existing inventory - does this mean the vehicle is already built? How long does it take to get the vehicle? Are these rejects/loaners with low miles, or are they brand new as listed?
It could be a car that's already built (at showroom or on the way) or yet to be build.

I ordered one from Kansas City (later ended up cancelling it since I decided not to go with 20 inch wheels) and the delivery date was 2 weeks out. One of friend was able to order one from Memphis TN and ended up picking the car up in 2 days.

If its demo(or probably loaner, I am not very sure about loaner), you would have received a discount.

I don’t know if it is related to end-of-quarter push, but I am getting quite a delay in Tesla responsiveness after my order. My previous order (that I cancelled in a long saga trying to get a HW4 vehicle) was pretty smooth.

Then, I got a trade in offer within minutes of submitting my details. Delivery was scheduled quickly; this was several weeks ago.

Now with my new order, it was purchased from inventory at my local delivery center so it should be there. I purchased and filled in all the trade in details on Monday and now it’s Thursday and still haven’t heard back with a trade in offer or a delivery date. I texted the SA yesterday to ask if there was anything else they needed for the trade in and they just said “Not at this time” and didn’t respond to any further questions about when to expect the text to schedule delivery. I know the car is physically in Charlotte. The listed EDD is June 24 - June 30. My schedule is crazy and I need to get this figured out ASAP.