Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing owners with lease deals and ‘odd’ models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Seeing all the prices changes and configuration movements I’ve been wondering about the depreciation on my MX 90D and what happens at the end of my 4 year pcp in 2022.

Whilst I think i got a good pcp deal (at the time), inventory discount, 0% for 4 years, amazing trade in value. On the other hand, one could say I’ve got a dud pack (90) an odd driving option that’s not available (eap but not fsd) and a good I nterior (premium). Compared to the LR and Premium models/prices it looks pretty terrible value - I still love it ftaod.

I guess it comes down to the fact that the car will be worth less, probably a lot less, than the guaranteed future value. (EV price fluctuations was why I took a pcp with guaranteed future value).

So to my question-
What would happen then? Would the finance company negotiate a more realistic market value if I wanted to keep it to avoid the hassle of them taking it to auction etc? Ie can I keep it whilst they take the financial hit.

Cheers

If you really want to keep it I suppose you will have to make an offer to the finance company for what you think it is worth at the time. Otherwise hand it back and buy another used one at the lower market price. Obviously you wouldn't want to be paying over the odds if you have a very generous GMFV at that point.

Expecting the finance company to wholly take the hit is unrealistic I think. Given how mundane their processes will be with regard to taking cars back and auctioning them you might end up thinking it's more hassle for them than it really is. I would venture that you would need to be offering somewhere in the middle of what they would get for auction and the full price they would ideally want.

Reactions: Roy W.