Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exotic Driver just posted their P85+ Model S review with some awesome footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S Driving Review -- Exotic Driver - YouTube

They borrowed my car for two days to make this.
I met that one guy at TESLIVE. The one with less hair. Was he representing this exotic review site or is he from some other vendor? Not torklift. Not Reus audio. Not Autodesk. Was it the suspension company?

- - - Updated - - -

I met that one guy at TESLIVE. The one with less hair. Was he representing this exotic review site or is he from some other vendor? Not torklift. Not Reus audio. Not Autodesk. Was it the suspension company?

Also I notice they were kind of hating on the interior. I wonder if it is a fair comparison. Do you have the "extensive leather package" or whatever it's called. My signature nappa leather interior is extremely nice. May he is comparing top of the line exotics with nearly top of the line Tesla.

Also I notice they were kind of hating on the interior. I wonder if it is a fair comparison. Do you have the "extensive leather package" or whatever it's called. My signature nappa leather interior is extremely nice. May he is comparing top of the line exotics with nearly top of the line Tesla.

I got every option, except for the rear shelf, when I ordered it in late May 2013. Is there an upgraded interior option now?

Linux64 - Your car looks great in all the action shots. I recognize the locations in the Bay Area.

Overall, this is one of the better (fair) reviews I've seen. These guys know what they're talking about. I've been following their ICE reviews on Everyday Driver for a while now.

Couple of comments:
1) Hate the golf cart comparisons. Really would rather use the roller coaster analogy if desperate to explain the concept of instant torque.
2) They speak highly of the + but complain about the handling. The bar for comparison is a Porsche Panamera, so that in itself is high praise.
3) I have to agree with the comments on well the interior space is used. The MS is indeed the best no compromises family car out there.

Bravo!

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, they also said it was significantly heavier. What did the Karma weigh? Like 6 tons??!?!
Yea, I was shocked by this statement.

Linux64 - Your car looks great in all the action shots. I recognize the locations in the Bay Area.

Overall, this is one of the better (fair) reviews I've seen. These guys know what they're talking about. I've been following their ICE reviews on Everyday Driver for a while now.

Couple of comments:
1) Hate the golf cart comparisons. Really would rather use the roller coaster analogy if desperate to explain the concept of instant torque.
2) They speak highly of the + but complain about the handling. The bar for comparison is a Porsche Panamera, so that in itself is high praise.
3) I have to agree with the comments on well the interior space is used. The MS is indeed the best no compromises family car out there.

Bravo!

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, they also said it was significantly heavier. What did the Karma weigh? Like 6 tons??!?!

This is was shot in Utah. :)

I was shocked when he said the balance isn't very good and it feels like the weight is under the dash. My P85 doesn't feel anything like that. It feels like the weight is behind the drivers seat, lower than my butt, and in the middle -- basically the center of the car.

They missed an important point about the interior. It's not just about the space, but the lines! Beautiful lines all around. I've had people sit in my car and immediately comment on the striking lines of the interior.

Handling of the car through turns is a little strange. I definitely have felt what they described. This car is very sensitive to accelerator/regen inputs during turns. If you get it right, it feels perfect (to me anyway). However the tiniest changes in the accelerator seem capable of instantly shifting the load to the front or rear wheels, which I think makes it feel a little weird until you get the hang of it.

I wonder how much P85+ performance for "canyon carving" could be improved with true performance seats in the front. The lack of lateral support has been noted by a number of reviewers and owners. Seems like this could be a simple upgrade for Tesla.

I wonder how much P85+ performance for "canyon carving" could be improved with true performance seats in the front. The lack of lateral support has been noted by a number of reviewers and owners. Seems like this could be a simple upgrade for Tesla.
I was kind of wondering the same. Amazing seats can make an average-handling car feel amazing, and an amazing handling car feel crappy. Not that it matters. We're stuck with them.

There's the LOVERS and the HATERS ... I'm a lover. Love my car every time i get in it i want to keep on going. Forever. It gobbles up the road and people in my way JUST FINE.

i care about how it makes me FEEL when i drive it, and the answer is GREAT. (Tesla grin applied!)