Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expanding FSD Beta.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An nda for what? People are freely posting videos on the internet.
They can only disclose and post certain ALLOWED info. An EXAMPLE might be: It is likely (thought I don't know) that if involved in an accident they can't post any info about it. An NDA states what you can't as well as what you CAN disclose.

EDIT: Posted before I saw n.one.one post.

Last edited:
He also said the holidays are "gonna be lit." That is an obvious reference to fsd. Nobody wants tiny updates right now, so he's not gonna tease something that's not big. It'd be like leasing someone to believe they're having a steak at Ruth Chris only to end up at Outback.

It's coming in the next few days.

they’ll outright lie to customers about what they’re doing. They have no qualms about teasing to build hype and hope.

The holiday update is totally gonna be fluff and BS like more video games and customized pedestrian alert sounds and other pointless crap instead of things that matter.

they’ll continue to give FSD beta access only to their teachers pet insider types, and leave the suckers who paid years ago sitting around watching our cars get closer and closer to needing replacement before we see our purchase pay off.

An nda for what? People are freely posting videos on the internet.

They can only disclose and post certain ALLOWED info. An EXAMPLE might be: It is likely (thought I don't know) that if involved in an accident they can't post any info about it. An NDA states what you can't as well as what you CAN disclose......
Just to add what I posted above. Was watching a live stream video of DirtyTesla downloading update and he stated [paraphrase] He might go for a drive to see what was new but was NOT allowed to live stream. So that is a confirmed example of a signed NDA. Beta testers can't Live Stream.

I’m sure live-streaming creates all sorts of potential safety issues that Tesla wants no part.
No more or less than just video recording. The reason for this limitation is they don't want certain errors broadcast widely. We've seen example's of errors being deleted from youtube. There was a theory that whole mars catalog was in an accident. That would make front page news everywhere if it where live streamed.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and WattPwr
No more or less than just video recording. The reason for this limitation is they don't want certain errors broadcast widely. We've seen example's of errors being deleted from youtube. There was a theory that whole mars catalog was in an accident. That would make front page news everywhere if it where live streamed.
Completely disagree. Live-streaming introduces a viewer feedback component with the driver now playing more actively to their audience. Pre-recorded material is a much different beast than live. The level of distraction goes up by a few factors.

There are plenty of unedited drives being posted, and I’m quite certain Tesla does not preview every video before it’s posted.
The whole Mars theory was found to be bunk by the way.

... Live-streaming introduces a viewer feedback component with the driver now playing more actively to their audience. ...
There is no requirement of such and there are plenty of live streamed videos that have no extra "... playing more actively to their audience." Current youtubers comment while they are driving and recording, and there wouldn't be any difference if live streamed. The only reason Tesla says no live streamed and limits some from posting is they want to control the narrative and avoid embarrassments such as system reboots.

I would make the same decision as Tesla if I were in charge.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and WattPwr
There is no requirement of such and there are plenty of live streamed videos that have no extra "... playing more actively to their audience." Current youtubers comment while they are driving and recording, and there wouldn't be any difference if live streamed. The only reason Tesla says no live streamed and limits some from posting is they want to control the narrative and avoid embarrassments such as system reboots.

I would make the same decision as Tesla if I were in charge.
So you’ve seen the NDA?

As I stated DirtyTesla said more than twice in the video that he was NOT allowed to stream video of a drive. So unless his mother is telling him :eek::D then it is obversely an NDA from Tesla preventing this.
No, I asked because of @DanCar’s very specific statement of “The only reason Tesla says no live streamed and limits some from posting is they want to control the narrative and avoid embarrassments such as system reboots.”

I’m not debating the requirement to not livestream.

Reactions: JulienW