Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I'm scheduled to pick up an inventory 2018 MX 75 with 50 listed miles soon. With the low miles, I'm hoping that this will be a showroom model rather than a loaner or test drive car. I have a checklist of items to inspect, but I'm unsure about what to expect with regards to wear-and-tear on seats, paint scratches, interior scuffs, etc...
Should I expect them to touch-up the car or even replace the seats to make it look brand new or are these unrealistic expectations?
I realize that I received a discount on this car compared to last year's list price, but feel that it was mostly for buying last year's model.

Thanks for your input.

Hi,
I'm scheduled to pick up an inventory 2018 MX 75 with 50 listed miles soon. With the low miles, I'm hoping that this will be a showroom model rather than a loaner or test drive car. I have a checklist of items to inspect, but I'm unsure about what to expect with regards to wear-and-tear on seats, paint scratches, interior scuffs, etc...
Should I expect them to touch-up the car or even replace the seats to make it look brand new or are these unrealistic expectations?
I realize that I received a discount on this car compared to last year's list price, but feel that it was mostly for buying last year's model.

Thanks for your input.

You'll get this same answer from everyone - "50" is the default mileage they put on the listing when the car is actually brand new. There is a good chance it just rolled off the production line and sat in Fremont for forever. If it was a "showroom" car, they should have it detailed very nicely for you and it SHOULD look like it just came off the factory line. Both of ours were demo cars with 1,000 miles on the S and 10,500 on the X. S was in PERFECT shape, and the X looked like it was a service loaner w/10,500 miles! (paint swirls, chips, etc).

So, I guess your question is "What should I expect?" Expect the car to be in amazing shape, just look for the usual panel misalignments, etc. Please don't be that guy/girl who comes with a huge checklist in the last week of the quarter. You'll slow everyone else up and keep employees from getting more deliveries done. If you notice issues in the first week, mobile service can take care of it for you. Most people I know this past week that got a new Tesla are just taking delivery at their homes...