Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected charging speed info on charge screen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I'm from Toronto and got my model 3 in December I've never received charging rates higher than 50kwh, usually 30 to 45. I think we should request a feature on the charge screen to indicate the expected charging speed based on the temp outside, battery state and the charging location chosen in the Nav. How do we do this ?

Reactions: e-FTW
Since I'm from Toronto and got my model 3 in December I've never received charging rates higher than 50kwh, usually 30 to 45. I think we should request a feature on the charge screen to indicate the expected charging speed based on the temp outside, battery state and the charging location chosen in the Nav. How do we do this ?
Also, there is supposed to be a new feature coming that will prewarm the pack if you put in a supercharger as a destination. The issue isn't the outside temp, per se as much as the pack temp. I recall seeing somewhere that the pack charges the fastest at ~100F.

submit a feature requests via the communication option in your tesla account
Also, there is supposed to be a new feature coming that will prewarm the pack if you put in a supercharger as a destination. The issue isn't the outside temp, per se as much as the pack temp. I recall seeing somewhere that the pack charges the fastest at ~100F.

That's the thing though in freezing temps sometimes the pack never reaches that value or will get colder even when charging as the outside temperature plays a big role in winter.

Relax, Winter is starting to disappear and warmer temperatures are coming. And as you have more months of EV driving behind you, you stop worrying about the battery as much.
Oh, and try to find some way to charge at home or work and the problem, even during winter effectively becomes moot.

I'm not worrying I charge at home ,using the free supercharging right nnow.This would be a great feature to have and easy to implement. No more guessing if it will take 2 hrs to charge . Helpful for those in big city condos with no home charging available or on a road trip. You don't have winter so you wouldn't know.