Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected delivery Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I am currently waiting for Tesla to post on my account the VIN of my Model Y. During the reservation process I requested the sales rep for a delivery date around the second week of February. At that point he recommended me to apply for credit by the end of January, (which I did) Given that the second week of Feb is almost here, I am really anxious to see the VIN posted in my acct. However, no luck yet. I do not know if anybody has gone through a similar scenario but if anyone has: did Tesla honored your request for delivery date? Also, were you guys contacted by someone at Tesla to coordinate down payment and delivery? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I am currently waiting for Tesla to post on my account the VIN of my Model Y. During the reservation process I requested the sales rep for a delivery date around the second week of February. At that point he recommended me to apply for credit by the end of January, (which I did) Given that the second week of Feb is almost here, I am really anxious to see the VIN posted in my acct. However, no luck yet. I do not know if anybody has gone through a similar scenario but if anyone has: did Tesla honored your request for delivery date? Also, were you guys contacted by someone at Tesla to coordinate down payment and delivery? Thanks!

There is a thread on MYP deliveries. I’ve not read of anyone, before now, with expectation the Sales Associate could control the delivery date, beyond doing their best to match their allocation. With your order. Really hope your MYP arrives soon.

Reactions: zh2oson
They did work with me for the appointment time.. for today at 3 but got a call.yesterday. the MY came with paint problems so off to the paint shop ... Pickup is next week...a week for paint fix.. still waiting..
Thanks for your response. I am really hoping they call me soon. I guess the process works pretty fast after Tesla contacts you to arrange delivery. Well done pointing out paint issues, this is the time to get them to fix it.

There is a thread on MYP deliveries. I’ve not read of anyone, before now, with expectation the Sales Associate could control the delivery date, beyond doing their best to match their allocation. With your order. Really hope your MYP arrives soon.
Thanks! Yeah, when I contact the sales rep he said it was out of his control to check anything without a VIN in the system.

Oops, I already applied...I was told that had to happen before anything else. Thanks.
I just choosed the paid cash option, so that my profile showing its complete. Once i get the VIN, will ask to change that to financing. Just dont want them to run my credit again when the offer expires. My trade in offer already expired for 30 days. They gave me another offer but $500 less...
Since i am pretty sure i will get instant approval financing anyway. So there should be enough time to do it from getting VIN to delivery date

I just choosed the paid cash option, so that my profile showing its complete. Once i get the VIN, will ask to change that to financing. Just dont want them to run my credit again when the offer expires. My trade in offer already expired for 30 days. They gave me another offer but $500 less...
Since i am pretty sure i will get instant approval financing anyway. So there should be enough time to do it from getting VIN to delivery date
Good point! thanks!