Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected delivery month if ordering a 90D early April?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I'm seeing right now, anyone who has reported a VIN is also reporting a delivery estimate no later than early May. We also know that some people who reserved in late Feb have already received their VIN. So I'm thinking early June if you reserve now. Unless they put you on the slow train.

Reactions: 2virgule5
From what I'm seeing right now, anyone who has reported a VIN is also reporting a delivery estimate no later than early May. We also know that some people who reserved in late Feb have already received their VIN. So I'm thinking early June if you reserve now. Unless they put you on the slow train.

Unless you requested a late delivery :D which I did due to living far away from a service center.

Reactions: 2virgule5
That email makes it sound like they have a low number of people turning their reservatons into confirmed orders. I must say I did the same thing and gave it a wait and see. My order will confirm tomorrow (4/6).
With the estimated 30,000 reservations, the production queue should be a lot longer right now if they all converted into orders.

That email makes it sound like they have a low number of people turning their reservatons into confirmed orders. I must say I did the same thing and gave it a wait and see. My order will confirm tomorrow (4/6).
With the estimated 30,000 reservations, the production queue should be a lot longer right now if they all converted into orders.

I believe the 30,000 reservations includes the rest of the world. As long as the Model X is needing new parts to work out bugs, I doubt they want to ship any overseas yet. This helps US orders go through faster for now, but is not an accurate indication of overall demand.

Hi, I have not posted in a while, just have been a happy Model S owner.
I have now pulled the trigger to get a Model X a week ago. Our order will go final tonight.
I was also confused by the email Tesla owners received regarding that April/May delivery.
I felt that this email had to be a bit dishonest as it would only refer to the P90D model and I wanted a 90D. However, after being on the phone with Tesla last Wednesday somebody from headquarters sent me the following email two days ago:
"The estimated delivery timeline of April/May applied for both the P90D and the 90D Model X! Let me know if you have any questions."
So I am now hopeful for a late May, early June delivery. Yay.

This seems to be the timeline they are working with. Sales rep I spoke to said production was ramping up significantly. They will need to clear the backlog of the orders that were waiting on parts, may possibly need to have some parts replaced with new versions. If they have caught up with that by now then we will be seeing a lot of orders getting pushed into production quickly. This may explain why some early orders have been delayed even after getting VINs.

Hi, I have not posted in a while, just have been a happy Model S owner.
I have now pulled the trigger to get a Model X a week ago. Our order will go final tonight.
I was also confused by the email Tesla owners received regarding that April/May delivery.
I felt that this email had to be a bit dishonest as it would only refer to the P90D model and I wanted a 90D. However, after being on the phone with Tesla last Wednesday somebody from headquarters sent me the following email two days ago:
"The estimated delivery timeline of April/May applied for both the P90D and the 90D Model X! Let me know if you have any questions."
So I am now hopeful for a late May, early June delivery. Yay.
This seems to be the timeline they are working with.

While I did not receive any invite to configure, as of this morning my tesla page started to show an edit button that goes right to the configuration site (the only difference with the one now publicly available is that mine does not mention specific date ie May delivery but a more vague mid year). I configured and pressed "order".

Now I understand the order will auto confirm in one week, any way to speed that up if I have no doubts?