Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected delivery month if ordering a 90D early April?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I did not receive any invite to configure, as of this morning my tesla page started to show an edit button that goes right to the configuration site (the only difference with the one now publicly available is that mine does not mention specific date ie May delivery but a more vague mid year). I configured and pressed "order".

Now I understand the order will auto confirm in one week, any way to speed that up if I have no doubts?

I called to ask that same question when I was sure of my configuration, they said no. This was smart on their part bc I changed my order and upgraded my X significantly $$$ in those 7 days! :D

Indeed I remember I could do it when I ordered my S a while back, so now they have changed. Thanks. So waiting it is... Wonder if I can believe the May delivery timeframe that's on the configurator for a X90.

So you still have the old configuration system during your 7 day change/wait period. I bet you have the option to get a 75D for 80K base, 3K less than the new price, although you sound sure on your 90D choice. Also, if so, you are offered Matte Ob. wood for free as opposed to the new base wood dark ash I think it is.

@jason1466 Indeed I just checked and look at the configurator, and the cheapest 75D is $80k, so 3k savings if I was interested in one. I didn't know that, guess that some future 70D owners got really lucky as well (it seems to be your case?). It is tempting but range is king, so 90D it is. And yes Matte Ob is a free option. I just wish I had a good estimate of delivery window, the "May" delivery at the public site is suspiciously optimistic. So I'm still torn between waiting for this X to come to upgrade my classic S or jump the gun on the S refresh. Not the same use I know but down the road we want all electric, it's just about which one first and the next when we can afford a second one.

Tesla obviously did this to capture more orders, demand is most likely initially dropping in the $115k configuration range. I think once more people start seeing MXs on the road demand will pick up and Tesla needs a more attractive entry level spec. to capture those interested in a lower price bracket.