Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expensive tires!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully the new Goodyear Eagle Touring 19" OEMs, which are rumored to have foam for quietness and to cost no more than the OEM
Michelins, will last as long as the Michelins, or at least longer than the first OEM Goodyears.

Don't count on it.

I have a May 2016 75D. I have already put 25k miles on the car and took it in for the 2 year service (I skipped the 1 year) yesterday. I took a long road trip after having the car for 2 weeks but otherwise just use it for my lengthy work commute.

The tread wear was 3-5 between inner/outer on 2 of the tires. At this rate I'll probably need to replace them around 30-35k. And I am a very conservative driver who obeys the speed limit and rarely takes off quick. I use autopilot and TACC for probably 95% of my driving. And yes, I brought my car in to have the tires rotated. They didn't even bother rotating them at 12k because they said the tread wear was perfectly even.

Definitely won't be replacing these with the same thing.

Lots of good options on Tirerack.com with hundreds of great reviews. Decisions, decisions...

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones