Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience ceramic coating white seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got the ceramic and front PPF done, and with cold weather, snow and kids been leaning towards getting a ceramic coat on my white seats.

Been doing a lot of research on this topic and finding a lot of counter views on the value.

Anyone have this done, or closer to the value proposition if this is worth it in the long run (e.g. I have heard it is already coated, that coated can cause damage etc..).

I put some on. It was super easy and contrary to many comments, you can slap it on there without any issues. Didn’t change the feel or look. Not sure if it’s doing anything since I am extra careful with all my cars, but it makes me feel better.

Doing it DIY is only $50 in product. I wouldn’t pay the ceramic scammers the ransom they demand.

• Funny
Reactions: theslimshadyist
Well, I did this on my MX 3 years ago and glad I did after a couple of terrible kid issues in the back seat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBpDWOhCs70&t=74s
And yes, I know the seats are not really leather. Don't let that change your mind. It works.

I reapplied to the driver seat last year since that is the one with the most use.
fyi, this topic has been discussed on here in other threads. You might want to do a search.

I put some on. It was super easy and contrary to many comments, you can slap it on there without any issues. Didn’t change the feel or look. Not sure if it’s doing anything since I am extra careful with all my cars, but it makes me feel better.

Doing it DIY is only $50 in product. I wouldn’t pay the ceramic scammers the ransom they demand.
Did you end up doing this? Wanted to know if i can ceramic coating in winter? I was thinking if it will cure dry in few hours since its cold. Will keep windows open too to have the smell.go away.

Did you end up doing this? Wanted to know if i can ceramic coating in winter? I was thinking if it will cure dry in few hours since its cold. Will keep windows open too to have the smell.go away.
If you’re talking about ceramic coating the leather in the winter, I don’t see why not? I would venture to say it’s product dependent - the label should have ideal application temps.

I have used the gyeon pro ceramic leather coating and had great success with it. I have reapplied the driver seat every 6-8months and the rest of the car every 9-12months. No issues, no stains, cleans up super easy and no evidence of the coating whatsoever.

Coincidentally, I actually used it today on an armrest pad I purchased, the weather was around 36F in NJ and it applied with no issue.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: amit_gunner
If you want some ceramic protection but don't want to use an actual ceramic coating, you can use certain ceramic spray sealants on the seats. I personally have used The Last Coat 2.0 and Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray on the white seats with no problems. They won't last as long as an actual coating, but they are super fast and easy to reapply. Plus TCCDS makes the interior smell like pina colada!