Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with 2020.48.37.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update last week, drove nearly 100 miles yesterday and didn't notice anything new. I don't use satellite radio on the car, but it's still listed (not turned on) in radio sources.

I did notice that when charging to 95%, my main battery pack is nowhere near the 4.15V cell voltage that 95% SoC used to correspond with, it's more like 4.11 to 4.12V in the cells now. But that's probably not new to 2020.48.37.6.

I have this version on my 2015 S85D. A couple days after the update, the car threw an error that the 12V battery needed replacing. It's been about 2.5 years since that battery was changed so I'm going to chalk that up to coincidence. Other than that, nothing unusual. (My car never had SiriusXM...not possible with the solid metal body color roof.)

I'm fine with no new functionality in my car. Newer isn't always better, and the less they change stuff, the less opportunity there is for stuff to regress.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: tccartier and DCAC
Yep...and still no Sirius. Guess I'll have to cancel my Sirius subscription now, how stupid...
So I am in the same boat now that I completed the download last night. There is no way that Tesla should be able to take SiriusXM away as the car was sold to us with this hardware preinstalled and part of the sale of the car. This is like if they stole the radio out of our car. I use SXM all the time and it isn't reasonable to just assume its ok that I can stream it from my phone. What about in areas where cell service sucks or is nonexistent (and there is plenty of that here in TX)? That's where having the satellite radio is perfect.

Reactions: AZP85
I'd say if you lost SiriusXM functionality as a result of this update you'd be perfectly justified in putting in a service request to have them fix it. Or call tech support and have them try to diagnose it. There are not a whole lot of ways to report a problem of this type (assuming you're not some "social media influencer").

I would probably also avoid assuming that this breakage, silly as it is, is 1) deliberate or 2) unfixable.

Bruce.