Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with 2020.48.37.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed on my 2013 a couple days ago. No issues. I don't have Sirius radio, so Idk about that issue. Otherwise fine. Are we never getting a version of the new OS? I realize my car is old, but a 2020 has the same layout, etc. Would be crazy for them to not get upgraded. I'd even be willing to pay for mcu2.

Got the update last week, drove nearly 100 miles yesterday and didn't notice anything new. I don't use satellite radio on the car, but it's still listed (not turned on) in radio sources.

I did notice that when charging to 95%, my main battery pack is nowhere near the 4.15V cell voltage that 95% SoC used to correspond with, it's more like 4.11 to 4.12V in the cells now. But that's probably not new
85kw? Batterygate capping and range loss.

I downloaded 2020.48.37.6 about 10 days ago and XM radio was fine until today, when the option to select SXM disappeared! I added this to my problem list for an upcoming service appointment. However I recall a similar problem mentioned on the Tesla Forums a couple years ago. XM would disappear and then spontaneously reappear in a few days. 2016 MS P100D
Apparently the disappearance of XM is a known problem with firmware, to be fixed on a future update. Meanwhile, the service center was able to reboot the ‘module’ that controls XM and it reappeared!! I had to reset all the switches on the main screen which changed with the reboot.

I'm on 2020.48.37.6 now with my S70D from 2015 and the old MCU1. Had issues with my new v3 Door handle, and now it works again perfect. Not sure if this is one of the bug fixes or just accidental.
Interesting. This update pushed to my 2016 S70D the night I had a broken door handle replaced. I suspect it is the first v3 handle on my car so might be specific to that.

So all of a sudden my 2016 S75 lost it's XM controls, too. Just vanished. No reboot, no changes. Worked yesterday, gone today. I have just about had enough of this BS... Shoulda bought a Panamera (or now a Taycan...).
C’mon, you think the S/W or OTA updates are going to be better in a Taycan??? Buggy updates def annoying, but switching because of it, esp to a brand with little experience with S/W is a bit much.
I was peeved about this update as well, btw, as I ran into the XM issue AND my Nav stopped working. XM issue resolved itself and Nav came back after remote diag team reset the maps and forced a clean download.

C’mon, you think the S/W or OTA updates are going to be better in a Taycan??? Buggy updates def annoying, but switching because of it, esp to a brand with little experience with S/W is a bit much.
I was peeved about this update as well, btw, as I ran into the XM issue AND my Nav stopped working. XM issue resolved itself and Nav came back after remote diag team reset the maps and forced a clean download.
Porsche doesn't "update" the software. They only allow you to purchase "options"; and the function itself is optional (and requires a subscription). Porsche isn't going to reach into my car and f*ck it up as Tesla does on a routine basis. Also, if something does require service, Porsche has a network of service centers that you can call on the phone and talk to an actual human being, as opposed to sending a message via an app into space which may or may not get answered in anything like a timely fashion. They still have an outstanding eMMC recall out, that has not been addressed in many months. I am tired of having to set up service appointments, and waste my time, to fix errors in their code which they should have caught (and fixed) BEFORE they pushed it out to the fleet. If your physician functioned with the degree of diligence that Tesla does, you would sue them for malpractice (and you would win; or perhaps your heirs would...).

I want an adult car company that actually wants to produce a product I want to buy, and wants to keep my business. That's all I want. I don't want a software company which doesn't know how to beta-test software messing up my vehicle and refusing to even provide any degree of basic customer service. No car company is perfect, and I'm not looking for perfection. I am looking for reasonable professional demeanor and basic service (and the lack of intentional damage to what is, in fact, my property...).

Porsche doesn't "update" the software. They only allow you to purchase "options"; and the function itself is optional (and requires a subscription). Porsche isn't going to reach into my car and f*ck it up as Tesla does on a routine basis. Also, if something does require service, Porsche has a network of service centers that you can call on the phone and talk to an actual human being, as opposed to sending a message via an app into space which may or may not get answered in anything like a timely fashion. They still have an outstanding eMMC recall out, that has not been addressed in many months. I am tired of having to set up service appointments, and waste my time, to fix errors in their code which they should have caught (and fixed) BEFORE they pushed it out to the fleet. If your physician functioned with the degree of diligence that Tesla does, you would sue them for malpractice (and you would win; or perhaps your heirs would...).

I want an adult car company that actually wants to produce a product I want to buy, and wants to keep my business. That's all I want. I don't want a software company which doesn't know how to beta-test software messing up my vehicle and refusing to even provide any degree of basic customer service. No car company is perfect, and I'm not looking for perfection. I am looking for reasonable professional demeanor and basic service (and the lack of intentional damage to what is, in fact, my property...).
Right now, true. What, they call it Functions on Demand or something, right. Make no mistake that they will move to more OTA updates just like Ford, VW, etc. May not be at the same frequency as Tesla. I do agree that many of the updates aren’t needed like the Toy Box, but comparing lost XM to a surgeon that left a scalpel inside you is a bit much. If 37.6 caused AP to kick in by itself or slammed on the brakes out of nowhere, then I’d wholeheartedly agree with you. Not arguing, just saying OTA updates give Tesla/others the ability to not wait for mid-cycle refreshes, but the downside is annoying bugs. Remember, I was peeved about both issues, just doesn’t bother be enough to sell the car.

Mothership deploying and going all-in on OTA updates. Don’t think Stuttgart will follow suit?