Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with charging on 120V outlet in winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could do it. Like others have said, you'll get stressed with potential range anxiety. When you have a big charge and it's telling you 24 hours to fill, you'll be stressed.

Don't let this hold you back though; you've got lots of charging around you. That's why they put Netflix in the car!

And as reported in another thread, I recently put in a Tesla Wall Charger at 240V, and I get 56km/hr. A whole new world!

Well seeing as though my daily commute is only 32 kms. I'm not stressed about 110V.
I think that it should give me enough juice to replace what I use and loose on a normal day within the 10-13 hours that the car could normally be plugged in.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Well seeing as though my daily commute is only 32 kms. I'm not stressed about 110V.
I think that it should give me enough juice to replace what I use and loose on a normal day within the 10-13 hours that the car could normally be plugged in.
If it’s a shared plug, I hope the breaker is easy to access, because if you’re using it anyone else will blow the breaker if they plug anything in.

It will be a shared plug unless I can convince the condo association other wise.
I do live down a street (± 1/2 km) from a level 2 charger and work within 5km's of a supercharger.
Also where I live about 1 km away I also have a Fast Charger but would need either a CCS or CHADEMO adapter.

I guess time will tell what I need once I get the car late next spring/early summer.

In that case, I'd try to get them to install a pay for use charger, say 30% over kwh cost to make up for the infrastructure. It would add to resale value for all units.

Who pays for the power of the 120v outlet in the garage?