Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with filing a claim with Tesla insurance and rising preimum rates?

nshores88

Jun 11, 2021
sacramento
My 2020 Model 3 was involved in a very minor (1-2mph) at fault accident were I merged into another car in my blind spot. The damage was minimal to both, but there is fender damage on my car that is about $3k in damages. I'm using tesla insurance, and I'm currently paying about $1800 per year for my overall premium cost. I went ahead and filed a claim with them, since I was at fault and wasn't getting out of it anyway - But i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and if so, how much did your rrate increase after filing a small claim?

My stats, 32 years old, good driving record prior to this (no accidents/violations last 5 years) - first time claim with Tesla Insurance.

TomT

Technical Maven
Mar 24, 2014
NE Georgia
It is impossible to compare rates, rate increases, or anything like that since no two peoples situations are the same.

Aldonoawylie

Jul 20, 2021
Riverside
My 2020 Model 3 was involved in a very minor (1-2mph) at fault accident were I merged into another car in my blind spot. The damage was minimal to both, but there is fender damage on my car that is about $3k in damages. I'm using tesla insurance, and I'm currently paying about $1800 per year for my overall premium cost. I went ahead and filed a claim with them, since I was at fault and wasn't getting out of it anyway - But i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and if so, how much did your rrate increase after filing a small claim?

My stats, 32 years old, good driving record prior to this (no accidents/violations last 5 years) - first time claim with Tesla Insurance.
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your accident. I just had something similar happen to myself. What were your results after this?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC