Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with filing a claim with Tesla insurance and rising preimum rates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 Model 3 was involved in a very minor (1-2mph) at fault accident were I merged into another car in my blind spot. The damage was minimal to both, but there is fender damage on my car that is about $3k in damages. I'm using tesla insurance, and I'm currently paying about $1800 per year for my overall premium cost. I went ahead and filed a claim with them, since I was at fault and wasn't getting out of it anyway - But i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and if so, how much did your rrate increase after filing a small claim?

My stats, 32 years old, good driving record prior to this (no accidents/violations last 5 years) - first time claim with Tesla Insurance.

My 2020 Model 3 was involved in a very minor (1-2mph) at fault accident were I merged into another car in my blind spot. The damage was minimal to both, but there is fender damage on my car that is about $3k in damages. I'm using tesla insurance, and I'm currently paying about $1800 per year for my overall premium cost. I went ahead and filed a claim with them, since I was at fault and wasn't getting out of it anyway - But i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and if so, how much did your rrate increase after filing a small claim?

My stats, 32 years old, good driving record prior to this (no accidents/violations last 5 years) - first time claim with Tesla Insurance.
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your accident. I just had something similar happen to myself. What were your results after this?

I know a few people requested a follow up on this -

I ended up getting it repaired via insurance, the total cost was about $3.5k for the replacement fender and misc bodywork. Funny enough, I just got my renewal for Tesla insurance and there's no mention of the accident on it, and my rates did not go up! I also requested a report from Carfax just for fun, and the accident isn't on there either. So it looks like my reapir slipped through the cracks and I got lucky to not incur any major dings on my insurance rates.

I know a few people requested a follow up on this -

I ended up getting it repaired via insurance, the total cost was about $3.5k for the replacement fender and misc bodywork. Funny enough, I just got my renewal for Tesla insurance and there's no mention of the accident on it, and my rates did not go up! I also requested a report from Carfax just for fun, and the accident isn't on there either. So it looks like my reapir slipped through the cracks and I got lucky to not incur any major dings on my insurance rates.
Is your insurance the same cost?--1,800 a year?

I also requested a report from Carfax just for fun, and the accident isn't on there either. So it looks like my reapir slipped through the cracks and I got lucky to not incur any major dings on my insurance rates.

Just a FYI: IT can take quite some time for an accident or repair to show up on Carfax. If you don't see it in six months then you are good to go.

Reactions: sightman