Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with fixing roof leaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noted that after the recent storm blew through California I had a new leak. What I know:

1. Did not have it last year prior to install of solar panels.
2. It is in an area which might be where a rack was installed, but other than seeing that it leaked, there is no opportunity to inspect via the attic.

I am pondering going up there with a hose this weekend to see if I can recreate it before I notify Tesla.

Thought I would ask about other experiences. I am sure I will get plenty of negative experiences, but positive ones are OK too. :)

I had a roof leak I noticed after the first rains last year. There was a huge storm forecasted for the next day. I called Tesla. They sent someone that evening. It turned out they improperly installed a piece of flashing over one of the holes used to hold the safety harness. They fixed it the same day.

The rains came the next day and there was no more leak.

I was very satisfied with their response.

I had a roof leak I noticed after the first rains last year. There was a huge storm forecasted for the next day. I called Tesla. They sent someone that evening. It turned out they improperly installed a piece of flashing over one of the holes used to hold the safety harness. They fixed it the same day.

The rains came the next day and there was no more leak.

I was very satisfied with their response.
That is great. This level of service might be location dependent? :)

Reactions: Jedi2155
I had a new roof installed and then solar. Big leak after the solar install happened. I called and they came the same day and spend 3 hours fixing it. One of the installers didn't patch a pilot hole that was drilled. A painter came a week later to paint my ceiling where the water dripped. The thing is, call right away when it rains and you have the leak. The solar installers are idle when it's raining, so they can come fix leaks. That's what the crew told me. They had nothing to do due to the rain, so they came to fix my roof on the same day I called it in.

I had a new roof installed and then solar. Big leak after the solar install happened. I called and they came the same day and spend 3 hours fixing it. One of the installers didn't patch a pilot hole that was drilled. A painter came a week later to paint my ceiling where the water dripped. The thing is, call right away when it rains and you have the leak. The solar installers are idle when it's raining, so they can come fix leaks. That's what the crew told me. They had nothing to do due to the rain, so they came to fix my roof on the same day I called it in.
hi shan1w, how about mold treatment? did Tesla take care of that?