Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

experience with front license plate in IL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new blue model S is at the detailer this week getting an XPEL Stealth wrap and modesta bc08 ceramic coating, and the detailer left me an interesting choice:

Since they have to remove the badges/front license plate holder any how, what do I want re-attached when they're done?

I definitely want the badges back, but I'm torn on the front license plate. It's technically required in IL where I live, but my car will be parked in my garage the majority of the time and I LOVE the way the stealth wrap looks without it. Anyone from IL have experience with how aggressively it's enforced and what the ticket is like?

Also tips on how I can convince my wife this is a solid plan? :)

I have had my Car since December and still have not put on the front plate. I see a lot of cars without a front plate...not just Tesla.
However it is the law and if I get pulled over for this reason....well I don't have much defense.

So it really would be up to the officer pulling you over.

• Informative
Reactions: 10dot
Refresh should be double sided taped on. Nosecone has holes.

I've never had a front plate and never been pulled over. I have had my Porsche ticketed for no front plate downtown; don't park on the street in Chicago or the meter maids will ticket anything they notice.

• Informative
Yep, same here.. Took my front plate holder off the first day I got the car. Takes about 30 mins to get all the adhesive off.

If I park in the City (Chicago) I have my front plate in the frunk with that blue poster tack on back, works great for temporary use when parking.. Never been pulled over for only no front plate on all my cars in IL.

• Informative