Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with getting Tesla to honor extra incentives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Y on 12/10 to take advantage of the $3750 discount. I was originally waiting for Jan 1 but the salesperson said they weren’t sure the car would qualify for the whole incentive anyway…waiting for tax season…income caps, etc. So I opted to order thinking it’d likely arrive at the end of the month as quoted.

Anyway, it was delivered 12/10 (2 days after placing the order) with 4 cosmetic imperfections. Before accepting delivery of the car, I messaged the sales team and asked how best to proceed. They told me to accept delivery and report the damage to service and it would be fixed.

My car has now had 3 separate service appointments and is finally in factory quality late today. 12/21

Already annoying yea, but to make matters worse, those who receive their cars today get 2x the incentive + 10k supercharging credit.

I get not getting the additional incentive if my car was in perfect condition upon delivery, but it wasn’t and I’ve spent 11 days dealing with their mistake, often without a loaner.

I’ve already had two conversations with the sales rep/manager asking them to honor the new incentive considering the circumstances and they’ve basically told me to muck off.

I’ve been an owner for 6+ years and this is the first time I’ve been disenchanted.

Any suggestions or experience getting the company’s attention? Although I have very low expectations. I’m just a number on a balance sheet.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Mr X and Yelobird
I took delivery of my Y on 12/10 to take advantage of the $3750 discount. I was originally waiting for Jan 1 but the salesperson said they weren’t sure the car would qualify for the whole incentive anyway…waiting for tax season…income caps, etc. So I opted to order thinking it’d likely arrive at the end of the month as quoted.

Anyway, it was delivered 12/10 (2 days after placing the order) with 4 cosmetic imperfections. Before accepting delivery of the car, I messaged the sales team and asked how best to proceed. They told me to accept delivery and report the damage to service and it would be fixed.

My car has now had 3 separate service appointments and is finally in factory quality late today. 12/21

Already annoying yea, but to make matters worse, those who receive their cars today get 2x the incentive + 10k supercharging credit.

I get not getting the additional incentive if my car was in perfect condition upon delivery, but it wasn’t and I’ve spent 11 days dealing with their mistake, often without a loaner.

I’ve already had two conversations with the sales rep/manager asking them to honor the new incentive considering the circumstances and they’ve basically told me to muck off.

I’ve been an owner for 6+ years and this is the first time I’ve been disenchanted.

Any suggestions or experience getting the company’s attention? Although I have very low expectations. I’m just a number on a balance sheet.
Zero chance they will honor the new incentive. You’ve already accepted delivery, the car is yours. There is zero incentive for them to change your price. I’m not sure why you would expect them too.

• Love
Reactions: buckets0fun
Probably the only recourse is just talking to the folks here and vent, lol. Nobody at Tesla is going to really care that some folks are disappointed. We already signed and took delivery of the car. From a legality POV, pretty sure they are covered. Unfortunately feelings are not in the equation.