Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with Photosync tint on your Model S windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today. I did Photosync on all of the windows including windshield and panorama roof
75- front and PR, 45- the rest
I'll snap some photos when it stops raining
I also bought thermometer to check the temperatures in the rear hatch
hopefully my older son will be happy in there
He complained the other day even after 10 minute ride in the 75° weather that it was hot

Had PhotoSync done on our 70D by SpeedShield here in the DFW area.

Generally pleased with the tint, but probably would not have done the windshield knowing what I know now. Not terrible at all, but do "see" the windshield film on occasion and since 98% of the time you're looking through the windshield anything that's a distraction there is . . . a distraction.

YMMV.

Besides, I suspect that the windshield has so much solar reduction built in that adding more just isn't necessary?

If I'd had the time I'd done some before/after with a thermometer on top of the IP dash pad to add some real world data to the thread. Perhaps someone will step up next Summer?

Had PhotoSync done on our 70D by SpeedShield here in the DFW area.

Generally pleased with the tint, but probably would not have done the windshield knowing what I know now. Not terrible at all, but do "see" the windshield film on occasion and since 98% of the time you're looking through the windshield anything that's a distraction there is . . . a distraction.

I got a couple of these movable shields . They won't do much for heat, but they should stop the glare (only got them a couple of days ago). The distraction factor depends on the placement and they need to be modified to fit in the side windows (haven't done that yet).