Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with replika R241 19 x 9.5 with brake caliper covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wondering how many people have done this? upgrade their gemini wheels with R241 wheels and added red brake caliper covers? do standard lugnut covers work? any place you can go to get black or dark grey lugnut covers? (I have chosen space grey wheels).

How are you doing with curb rash?

I just got the R241 space grey wheels but mine are 19x8.5” on my MYLR

I feel the color is a bit muted w/o the calipers being painted. I would normally go to a reputable tire shop here to paint them red with tesla logo, but I’m not a fan of the rear calipers not having a caliper face (not sure of the term) on it to put the logo so I opted for a good reviewed caliper cover on amazon. My only concern is if there will be enough clearance to the rims of the wheel since mine are 8.5” wide.

I’ll try it and post some pics if I get it to work.

I have the 19x8.5 R241s and I put a set of white caliper covers under them. No issues so far. I got a set of center caps that came with black lugnut covers off of Amazon. Came with a little clip tool to remove the cap when needed.

Attachments

• 20230107_112836.jpg
    20230107_112836.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 139
Looks great! Can i ask where’d you get the caliper covers and is the tesla logo a decal or did you spray paint it on?

Im curious how well the decals will last over time especially with car washes and the elements but I guess it’s also easy to replace

Confirmed these caliper covers on amazon definitely have enough space between the cover and wheels with 19"x8.5" R241

The front caliper cover is a pain to install though. only got 2/3 of the brackets in but it does feel very tight so should be fine

IMG_7667.jpg

IMG_7662.jpg