Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

experience with snow chains?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sells a set that are usable on the Model 3. They're a pretty reliable brand, and while I haven't used the ones for Model 3 specifically, I have used other versions from the same original manufacturer. They're super easy to use, they work very well in low-clearance vehicles like the Model 3, and they work pretty much as well as any tire chain.

You should not under any circumstance use normal tire chains, though. They will catch on the suspension components and you will destroy the chains and the car.

I stay off roads if you need chains. AWD and good winter tires are enough to go into the Rocky Mountains every weekend in the winter. The days that need chains aren't worth going out IMO.
Very useful post. This thread is about people's experience WITH chains, not "reasons to not use chains." Some people have jobs that require them to be somewhere, such as doctors, nurses, or EMT's. These people would like options that aren't big 4x4 trucks.