Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experiences getting Tesla to resolve autopilot / EAP issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the time the software is released to most cars, Tesla's development team is already working on the next release.

The group that has the best opportunity to report problems - and get them fixed - is Tesla's hand-picked group of external beta testers.

And because we still are seeing obvious problems in new releases, the beta testers are either missing these issues when they test the new releases OR Tesla is ignoring their reports and shipping the software anyway.

A simple fix for Tesla would be to expand their beta tester community - and get more people testing the software - while the developers are still actively working on that release...

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
By the time the software is released to most cars, Tesla's development team is already working on the next release.

The group that has the best opportunity to report problems - and get them fixed - is Tesla's hand-picked group of external beta testers.

And because we still are seeing obvious problems in new releases, the beta testers are either missing these issues when they test the new releases OR Tesla is ignoring their reports and shipping the software anyway.

A simple fix for Tesla would be to expand their beta tester community - and get more people testing the software - while the developers are still actively working on that release...

I agree with your suggestion. However, I've read a thread that even the initial test group isn't necessarily being used by Tesla for proper feedback and bug reporting so expanding that may be moot.

I know on one of the eap threads, you've mentioned a severe issue, did you get a chance to report that at least from your Tesla. Com account page?

I often send Bug Reports through the on board interface, and will periodically send comments back via e-mail.

Sometimes they'll have the local Service Center contact me about bringing the car in - though when the problem is clearly due to a problem in the software (like the lack of XM radio station list), I'll push back on that, because there won't be anything the Service Center can do to fix the problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Has anyone with "WTF" or "stop trying to murder me autopilot" experience (e.g. AP1 or AP2 starts leaving lane with clear markings into highway divider) raised issue with Tesla and they've resolved it?

please share your experience working/dealing with tesla, process you used to ensure issue gets right level of attention and gets resolved.

I paid an enormous amount for a new p100d. The autopilot was horrible. It hit things, garbage cans, trees, etc.

I brought it in many, many times insisting the autopilot was malfunctioning. In addition, that it was always off to the left. It wouldn't drive center - it would always drive to the left - even REPEATEDLY going into oncoming traffic.

Tesla REPEATEDLY told me nothing was wrong, they tested it, and it tested "within normal range" (or whatever phrases they use to lie).

Finally, the car gets into a massive accident and repairing it required a "recalibration" of the autopilot.

Since then, it works like A DIFFERENT CAR.

My experience with Tesla service is:

1) They lie
2) They lie more
3) They will do ANYTHING POSSIBLE to do the least amount of work
4) They don't know what they're doing

In fact, when I went to get something out of my Tesla after it got checked in for service, A BOX OF ANOTHER TESLA'S CAR PARTS WAS ALREADY STUFFED INSIDE MINE. WHY??? BECAUSE THEY GOT MY TESLA MIXED UP WITH ANOTHER ONE!!!

I asked:

IF YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL THE CUSTOMERS' TESLAS APART, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FIX IT?

AND WAS I GOING TO GET CHARGED FOR THE PARTS OF ANOTHER TESLA YOU WERE GOING TO PUT INTO MINE?

omg. Maybe I was about to get the FIRST HYBRID TESLA S&X MODEL!!

Wow. Bet that'd get some attention!!