Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experiences with HV battery replacement 2015 MS 70

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you even file a business resolution? Honestly at this point I just want to negotiate that they don't software limit the new battery since they don't make any more 70kwh packs. In my opinion it's better than having to pay out my car note/insurance/buy back.
They give you 75 and lock like me. So I start to charge my battery 100% now as it is 75 cap

Anyone in the middle of HV battery replacement? I'm currently in one (covered under warranty), not sure if anyone's running a car with a replaced one and what your experience is. For those currently in service, what's your estimated wait? Mines about a month, but a gut feeling is that it's longer.

No loaners available for me, so I'm debating on calling insurance to see if they cover a rental but wanted to see what everyone else's experience right now
I would be escalating to get a loaner even if they have to pull a demo away from sales to give you it.

Reactions: ravenk
If you would, please tag me with the details once you get your new battery
Great news, I finally got my car back at just over 2 months sitting in the shop. It’s been gone so long its like getting a new car again as it was in the shop longer than i actually owned the vehicle. The range is exactly the same in the app With the new battery. They seem like a good group of people just understaffed. I received a call from tesla on the morning of the 9th letting me know my car was repaired but not yet ready as the tech wanted to get them to clean it up and put a charge on it before i picked it up. I let them know i would be driving from 2 hours away so just give me the heads up when i should leave. Didnt hear anything for hours so me and my buddy just jumped in the car and drove over when we arrived they gave it a quick wash off and we just hit a super charger. There was no update that they had even received the pack and had started working on it in the app. all in all im just happy to have my car back but communication is a major growth opportunity for them. It sounds like they have a tough situation waiting on the 100kwh batteries the tech says they can get some batteries in 2 days So all depends on the model and size.

Reactions: RockinWithKids