Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experiences with the RPMTesla 2021+ | Model S & X Full Interior Vinyl Wrap Protection Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

does anyone have the 2021+ | Model S & X Full Interior Vinyl Wrap Protection Kit from RPMTesla installed in their Refresh Model S?
How is it holding up, how well does it fit and how does it look?

Thanks!

I started to install it yesterday in my late refresh S. The pieces for the covers on the console go on pretty easy. The real tricky one is the side trim piece for the console. It is very big with long skinny branches and is a mess to keep straight with something sticking to the console before your ready to lay it down. I finally. cut it in two pieces and still had trouble. It is very easy to stretch, then it doesn't fit perfect. I gave up and pulled everything off, deciding the wood looked fine......my wife agreed.The dash pieces were going to be tricky also. I had done three cars without issues but this was a tough one.

I started to install it yesterday in my late refresh S. The pieces for the covers on the console go on pretty easy. The real tricky one is the side trim piece for the console. It is very big with long skinny branches and is a mess to keep straight with something sticking to the console before your ready to lay it down. I finally. cut it in two pieces and still had trouble. It is very easy to stretch, then it doesn't fit perfect. I gave up and pulled everything off, deciding the wood looked fine......my wife agreed.The dash pieces were going to be tricky also. I had done three cars without issues but this was a tough one.
Damn, there really aren't any alternatives out there, are there? You either buy completely new trim parts for 1500 USD or similar or wrap them...

And unlike RPM Tesla's who uses XPEL's patterns for PPF installed by pros, mine actually work & fit as I've designed them myself many months before RPM even had a single product for the refresh S/X 👍

Reactions: pete8314
And unlike RPM Tesla's who uses XPEL's patterns for PPF installed by pros, mine actually work & fit as I've designed them myself many months before RPM even had a single product for the refresh S/X 👍

Sounds good! Is the carbon wrap matte, satin or gloss? Also: How long does shipping to Germany take?

Reactions: iyordanov

Also, got a discount code for me? ;)

Sounds good! Is the carbon wrap matte, satin or gloss? Also: How long does shipping to Germany take?
It's neither matte nor gloss actually...it's somewhere in between the two. There is a little bit of shine to it (like glossiness) but certainly not conventional glossy.
Shipping to Germany - should be about a week with UPS. Have in mind there might be duty fees. Next year I hope to open an office in Europe so we can start local manufacturing with faster & cheaper shipping but for now it's all made & shipped from California.

In terms of longevity, I installed mine a year ago and they are holding up great.

Only one piece got slightly damaged on the edge thus far and that’s because I tried to shoved a box into the rear seat and scraped it 😓
I can send you a free replacement, you just cover the shipping but I know shipping to Canada is surprisingly expensive for some reason :(

Here are some pictures of the black carbon I installed if it helps ya. I would say it is more glossy than matte, but definitely not the glossy type where it looks like there is a layer of lacquer/clear coat on it.

Attachments

• A224558D-45F0-4268-B31A-49BB0958BAB5.jpeg
    A224558D-45F0-4268-B31A-49BB0958BAB5.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 6AE56476-80EE-43D3-8FB5-04DE24CF00C6.jpeg
    6AE56476-80EE-43D3-8FB5-04DE24CF00C6.jpeg
    517.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Love
It's neither matte nor gloss actually...it's somewhere in between the two. There is a little bit of shine to it (like glossiness) but certainly not conventional glossy.
Shipping to Germany - should be about a week with UPS. Have in mind there might be duty fees. Next year I hope to open an office in Europe so we can start local manufacturing with faster & cheaper shipping but for now it's all made & shipped from California.
Ordered. Thanks for the great communication. Hope it arrives before christmas! Looking forward to it! Looks amazing on pics.

Ordered. Thanks for the great communication. Hope it arrives before christmas! Looking forward to it! Looks amazing on pics.
Thank you! Please make sure to watch my install video. Also given that it’s winter already, I recommend you preheat your car to around 21C or so, and install on closed doors. Vinyl doesn’t like cold temperatures very much (once installed it’s fine but it’s hard to install in either very cold or very hot weather). For any issues just DM me, happy to help/send replacements 👍

Thank you! Please make sure to watch my install video. Also given that it’s winter already, I recommend you preheat your car to around 21C or so, and install on closed doors. Vinyl doesn’t like cold temperatures very much (once installed it’s fine but it’s hard to install in either very cold or very hot weather). For any issues just DM me, happy to help/send replacements 👍
Thanks for the tips! Will watch the video to avoid any issues.

Just arrived! Looks amazing already. Very nicely packaged. Everything feels incredibly premium. Now only the car is missing lol. But so far 10/10! Amazing communications, super quick delivery and a premium product as far as I can tell rn.

Thanks for your great work! @iyordanov

Just arrived! Looks amazing already. Very nicely packaged. Everything feels incredibly premium. Now only the car is missing lol. But so far 10/10! Amazing communications, super quick delivery and a premium product as far as I can tell rn.

Thanks for your great work! @iyordanov
Wow that was fast! Thank you for the compliments! Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can be of any help, need replacements etc.

Same thing just happened to me with the T-wrap one. Gave up and pulled It off.