Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experiences with US Bank for loan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm working through the "paperwork" on the tesla site for the order I placed, and I got approval for 2.49% through US Bank. Before I hit the button to commit to using US Bank, I wanted to make sure that people typically have been having good experiences with this bank. I don't expect much, just set up my recurring payment and let it go.

I'm working through the "paperwork" on the tesla site for the order I placed, and I got approval for 2.49% through US Bank. Before I hit the button to commit to using US Bank, I wanted to make sure that people typically have been having good experiences with this bank. I don't expect much, just set up my recurring payment and let it go.
I used them to finance my Model 3 purchase. My account info popped up in my U.S. Bank app (have a credit card through REI) without me having to do anything.

I wouldn’t change your financing choice based on this, but I always remember how US Bank tricked me into getting a new credit card when I opened a business checking account — US Bank told me it was required to get the credit card and liked about benefits that were available through the credit card. This happened after Wells Fargo was busted for opening accounts without customers’ knowledge.

Anyway, US Bank is just as bad as the worst banks out there. Now I do everything through credit unions, and I’m happy. I got the same interest rate as OP.

Enjoy the Tesla!

Chiming in with my May '21 experience with US Bank - I ended up calling US Bank to get my account number since it'd be 5 weeks or so without receiving anything from them in the mail. They were pleasant on the phone and once I got the account number was able to setup an account online and setup autopay.

I did end up receiving a packet in the mail from them about a week before my first payment would have been due.