Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experimental car results in bomb scare, paralyzes Copenhagen traffic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Experimental car results in bomb scare, paralyzes Copenhagen traffic - The Globe and Mail

A Swedish inventor’s experiments with a new power source for electric cars caused a bomb scare that paralyzed parts of the Danish capital, Copenhagen, for three hours on Tuesday.

Police said unusual wiring, copper pipes and suspicious objects found inside and outside Dan Zethraeus’ car led them to believe it contained an explosive device, and they quickly evacuated buildings around the downtown underground parking garage where he had left it.

The idea is for the car to run on a “new type of electric road where you transfer electricity to the car while it’s in motion,” he said. “I am doing tests right now but I took a day off and drove to Copenhagen. I’m sorry that this was mistaken for something else.”

Geez and LOL.

To bad they don't have a picture of this "bomb". I'd like to see what caused the commotion. I'm guessing he asked them not to publish pictures since it hasn't been patented yet. Seems odd to take something like that out in public though if you are concerned about obtaining patents...