Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expired Trade In Price Drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had Tesla conveniently reduce a trade in offer the week of delivery? My trade in expired a couple of days ago and they are now offering 1,200 less. I tried putting my trade in Vin again as a new customer and it's close to the initial offer. SA said he can't do anything

Yep happened to me two years ago. Couldn’t find the right replacement from tesla untill about two and half weeks after the experation of their initial ( somewhat low) trade in value. They lopped another $ 1800 off my P85D. I complained to sales saying the car can’t be losing 3k a month in value. They said “sorry can’t help you that’s final, take it or leave it” that was not the kind of trade in experience I was expecting for a repeat customer. Another reason I’m jumping to Lucid next year

Yep happened to me two years ago. Couldn’t find the right replacement from tesla untill about two and half weeks after the experation of their initial ( somewhat low) trade in value. They lopped another $ 1800 off my P85D. I complained to sales saying the car can’t be losing 3k a month in value. They said “sorry can’t help you that’s final, take it or leave it” that was not the kind of trade in experience I was expecting for a repeat customer. Another reason I’m jumping to Lucid next year
do you think Lucid will be more kind to you on trade-ins? how you ask them how much they will give you for your Tesla? I am on the same position wondering if Tesla is going to low ball me. My trade expires on September the 6th and the car is supposed to be delivered on 12-24th. I have added a single mile since I accepted their trade in offer.