TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Expiring Free Supercharging Miles

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by OGHeng, Mar 26, 2020.

1. OGHeng

OGHeng Member

We purchased our M3 in late December of last year and received 1,000 free supercharging miles that expire 6 months after our vehicle delivery. We had planned to take a couple of road trips and would use the miles at superchargers during the trip. Due to the stay at home mandate, we will not be able to take our trips now and possibly not for months until the Covid-19 outbreak has ended. As we have recently installed solar panels on our home, we really don’t need to supercharge until we are on a trip. How many other Tesla owners have expiring miles? Should we ask Tesla to extend the expiration date for this incentive?

• Like x 2
  2. linux-works

linux-works Active Member

expiration dates on benefits like this are ABSURD.

in fact, in california, coupons are not allowed to have an expiration date (with some exceptions).

expiration dates on services are a scam and beneath the dignity of tesla. I completely agree with you.

• Like x 2
  3. Matsayz

Matsayz Member

Email Tesla for an extension or tweet Elon. But really likes like the equivalent of $50-ish I think I’ve read. You can always Yelp Tesla with 1 Star if you feel like it too

• Funny x 1
  4. James88

James88 Member

Anyone try to ask for an update extension ever?

5. MrMassTransit

MrMassTransit Supporting Member

In my experience the miles don’t actually expire. Or if they do, the expiration occurs significantly after Tesla says it will. My miles were scheduled to expire in February and they’re still in my account and I’ve seen many other reports on this forum from those with similar experiences.

6. linux-works

linux-works Active Member

off topic, but: if you said that to someone, say, 50 years ago, they'd think you were talking martian, or something.

sorry, carry on.

• Funny x 1
  7. house9

house9 Supporting Member

It’s really 400 kW, so worth about $100 if you live in California, nice yes, but not that big a deal if they expire.

• Like x 1
  8. Matsayz

Matsayz Member

And these days it’s a joke! Just like customer service or having 1 bathroom in a restaurant!!!

9. rdeca

rdeca Member

My free miles didn't expire after the 6 months. I was surprised and was able to use the 1k I had.

• Like x 1
  10. gcmak

gcmak Member

This sounds very tesla-like...but unlike other situations where there's poor follow-up or automation, this one works to our advantage haha.

• Like x 1
  11. garth_angst

garth_angst Member

I got my car in May 2019 with 5000 supercharger miles due to the special they had that month. It's March 27th 2020 and I still have those supercharger miles. I am thinking they never expire.

12. James88

James88 Member

Great feedback! Thank you! Maybe the 6 months expiration is to have you on the line to keep referring lol

13. SlimJim

SlimJim Member

My 1 year mark is coming up within 2 weeks.
    I will let you know if they expire. I have 852 miles left over. I thought I would supercharge a lot but I have used SC only a handful of times during the last 12 months.