Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expiring miles on June 30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey folks, I've got 1000 free supercharger miles from a referral, expiring on June 30. This was already extended once, but it obviously sucks as we haven't been able to travel to use them up during the virus. We intend to make a trip NH to MI around the 4th, could use up most of those free miles.

I'd like to push Tesla for an extension, any idea best way to contact these turkeys?

I've never used a minute of my 1000 free miles and mine expire soon as well. I was surprised and a bit pissed that they even expire at all – I always thought it'd be practically limitless, like a gift card. They got to sell another vehicle but then they take away my perk?! Dirty.

I was able to speak with a rep who said they've already extended to everyone due to the COVID crisis, and would maybe be able to offer me a bit more extension in a month when we too will be traveling. I'll see when that time comes.

I mean they are worth what, $60 or so? Just stop charging at home and hit a few local superchargers to fill up in the interim.

yeah not so worthwhile for me.....nearest supercharger is 30min away, I've got excess solar on my house so charging is already free at home.

I know Tesla can be screwed up, and we may supercharge on July 1 but not be charged for it, anything is possible. But would be nice if I could actually get this reflected on the Tesla app on my phone, before I travel.

So the question is, is there a phone number to call at Tesla for something like this?

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz and smartypnz
I got 1000 free miles for a referral in late November 2019. They were going to expire in the spring, then it extended until May 2022.
Very weird.

35B63784-3CE5-4602-9609-25B736BD8788.jpeg

My 2 cents. I have 4500 miles expiring on June 30th. I was saving them as i didn't think they expire.

Then it showed up in April that they would be expiring at the end of May in the loot box. Then they updated it to June 30th.
**To think people thought they had free miles and now they are expiring during a pandemic**

Tesla needs to extend them until the pandemic is gone. Frankly I'm concerned with Tesla's behavior when it comes to health. I contacted them to give them my feedback and Tesla strongly said NO extensions for anyone.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki and GSP
I’ve got over 4K expiring in 10 days. My electrons aren’t free at the house, but there are no superchargers near me (well there’s a Lvl 1 at a resort on the island...but it’s hardly worth the hassle). The nearest LVl 2 is about 1:45-2:00 away.
I don’t really care...it is what it is. I guess I have bigger fish to fry....or I’m just more laid back than some of you. (This isn’t intended to be a slight, just an observation.)