Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Explainer on current SW versions...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading a few different threads here, and I'm only getting more confused in terms of what the various software versions are and who's eligible to receive them. For my part, I'm running 2021.22.x and have requested the FSD Beta, although I have not received it yet (my Safety Score is only 90, thanks Seattle...)

Based on the various threads, here's what I'm understanding; would be great to hear confirmation or corrections.

1. The car will not receive an update from 2021.22.x if I've requested FSD until I'm given access to it. At that point, I would be running 2021.36.x. w/ the Beta enabled.
2. If I opt out of the Beta, the car will (eventually) be updated to 2021.32, which apparently removes the ability to request the Beta. The ability to request it will be added back in at some handwavey point.
3. It's entirely unclear to me which cars are receiving 2021.36.x code - only cars that have received the Beta, or cars that have received it *and* cars that have not requested access (but, per #1, not cars that *have* requested it but not received it...?)

Thanks in advance...wading through the various threads here is only making more more confused, not less.

I"m opted in (hit a 99 last weekend) but i'm on 2021.40. This seems to be the latest non-beta branch. Any insignts as to if/when i'll receive 10.4 (and what version 2021.xx) would be appreciated!
2021.38.6.5 is the latest FSD Beta 10.4. 2021.40 is newer (non FSD beta). I'm not sure if they would go back to an older version to give you 10.4 or wait until the next beta version that is on a newer branch.