Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Express Pick Up" at Fremont last Saturday - laundry list of issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
small update no. 2

dropped off the car today and took a Model S loaner from Enterprise. Never been in one before but i like my Y better.

Here is a list of all the work items...we'll see what happens in a couple of days.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

small update -

Today I went to the Dublin Service Center for my first appointment. All of my issues noted in the first post plus a few more were logged into the service advisor's tablet. SA said most of the issues would be simple fixes but will need to keep the car for probably two days. They are out of their fleet loaners and Enterprise is out of Teslas. Since I'm 1 exit away, I was given the option to drop off the car tomorrow so he can set me up with a tesla loaner. I prefer that than uber credits or a gas car rental.

In the end we logged 15 entries. The obvious loose parts will be fixed. The panel gaps will be measured. If within tolerances then they will not fix. I also mentioned the back seat not aligned at the first up right position. SA noted log it in and said not sure if they have any fix. When the seats are reclined they do line up much more so that doesn't both me much.

Also discovered during this inspection that the driver side door rattles when I close it with the window down. The passenger side doesn't have this behavior.

saw a few more white MY while I was waiting in line and chatted with one of the owners...mostly same fit and finish issues...
It's gonna take more than two days to fix that laundry list. :eek:

Reactions: Reeler
Update 6/19 - after a few delays, today was the pick up day which was originally scheduled for 6/16. Each day since 6/16 I was notified that they need more time and I was OK with it thinking they need time to do what they need to do. Since they gave me a rental Model S I was fine with the additional time. Finally last night got a text and notification from the Tesla app that the car is ready.

This morning I got the $0 invoice. Each line item has an entry from the tech.
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg

After reading all that, I felt pretty good about this service. When I got to the Dublin service center, my car was there waiting. I didn't have this work order on me at the time but I immediately noticed the loose mirror cap and loose tweeter speaker were still loose. The B pillar trim also was still loose. The wheel well arch still had a gap. The driver side door with the window rolled down still rattled upon closing. They did fix the tail lights misalignment and the trunk no longer made the loud thump sound when opening. The hinge areas that needed touch up paint were touched up.

When the service rep came out I pointed out the loose items that were incorrectly documented as "fixed". He confirmed and drove the car into the service area to have it looked at. A few minutes later he comes back out with a new service estimate for tweeter, mirror cap, and B pillar trim. They all need to be ordered as they had no parts in stock. Meanwhile, two techs were working on the door trying to fix the rattling sound. One hour later, the rep came back with the Model S key and explained that they need to keep the car over the weekend again. The window actuator was bad and need to be replaced. He apologized for the inconvenience and gave me a $300 service credit for future service visits. He hopes the car will be ready by next tuesday...

TL DR: went to pick up car, car not completely repaired, left disappointed.

Update 6/19 - after a few delays, today was the pick up day which was originally scheduled for 6/16. Each day since 6/16 I was notified that they need more time and I was OK with it thinking they need time to do what they need to do. Since they gave me a rental Model S I was fine with the additional time. Finally last night got a text and notification from the Tesla app that the car is ready.

This morning I got the $0 invoice. Each line item has an entry from the tech. View attachment 553648 View attachment 553649 View attachment 553650 View attachment 553651

After reading all that, I felt pretty good about this service. When I got to the Dublin service center, my car was there waiting. I didn't have this work order on me at the time but I immediately noticed the loose mirror cap and loose tweeter speaker were still loose. The B pillar trim also was still loose. The wheel well arch still had a gap. The driver side door with the window rolled down still rattled upon closing. They did fix the tail lights misalignment and the trunk no longer made the loud thump sound when opening. The hinge areas that needed touch up paint were touched up.

When the service rep came out I pointed out the loose items that were incorrectly documented as "fixed". He confirmed and drove the car into the service area to have it looked at. A few minutes later he comes back out with a new service estimate for tweeter, mirror cap, and B pillar trim. They all need to be ordered as they had no parts in stock. Meanwhile, two techs were working on the door trying to fix the rattling sound. One hour later, the rep came back with the Model S key and explained that they need to keep the car over the weekend again. The window actuator was bad and need to be replaced. He apologized for the inconvenience and gave me a $300 service credit for future service visits. He hopes the car will be ready by next tuesday...

TL DR: went to pick up car, car not completely repaired, left disappointed.
I agree that when you get an invoice outlining repairs that were made, it's fraudulent for Tesla to tell you they were fixed when they weren't, and that parts required needed to be ordered. I'd be pissed, too.

@maximus96 Did/will they fix the protruding corners by the headlights? I read in some other posts that people were told those are "in spec"

In the invoice line item #6 posted above, the tech's response was they verified the concern and adjusted for best fitment. I didn't get to check that in person before they took my car to the back to work on the door rattle. I will verify when i pick up the car in the next couple of days, supposedly.

In the invoice line item #6 posted above, the tech's response was they verified the concern and adjusted for best fitment. I didn't get to check that in person before they took my car to the back to work on the door rattle. I will verify when i pick up the car in the next couple of days, supposedly.

Invoice said the same thing on mine, when I picked it up issue was still present, did not look like it was touched.

Invoice said the same thing on mine, when I picked it up issue was still present, did not look like it was touched.

Finally picked up my car today after 2 weeks and looks like my headlight fender corners are not fixed or touched just as you reported. I feel if I pushed this issue further they will respond with "within specs".

The rest of my issues are fixed except for two. The door tweeter still need to be ordered/replaced. My rep said they shipped the wrong part so right now its still loose. The passenger side B pillar trim still needs to be fixed. They installed a replacement part but it still didn't fit right so they concluded that the headliner is off. They ordered a replacement headliner and now I have an appointment in two weeks to replace that.