Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Express Pick Up" at Fremont last Saturday - laundry list of issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked up my car today after 2 weeks and looks like my headlight fender corners are not fixed or touched just as you reported. I feel if I pushed this issue further they will respond with "within specs".

The rest of my issues are fixed except for two. The door tweeter still need to be ordered/replaced. My rep said they shipped the wrong part so right now its still loose. The passenger side B pillar trim still needs to be fixed. They installed a replacement part but it still didn't fit right so they concluded that the headliner is off. They ordered a replacement headliner and now I have an appointment in two weeks to replace that.

That is unfortunate to hear :(

Ya I pushed a little and inquired as to why it says fixed on the invoice but is not touched at all with my (at the time) service advisor. He went to go talk to some techs about it came back and said "that it looks like this is a very common issue on the Model Y and that right now they do not have a reasonable fix". He said then says he has made notes about this on my account and as soon as Tesla can figure out a good fix I will be notified to get it fixed correctly.
I have seen a fair amount of Model Ys with the protrusion and a fair amount without so I just don't know lol.

Was the work done at the Fremont service center or Dublin? Asking because my initial work was done at Dublin and I have recently scheduled another appointment (for other things I've found) at the Fremont one. Just curious if it was Fremont, how your overall experience with them was.

That is unfortunate to hear :(

Ya I pushed a little and inquired as to why it says fixed on the invoice but is not touched at all with my (at the time) service advisor. He went to go talk to some techs about it came back and said "that it looks like this is a very common issue on the Model Y and that right now they do not have a reasonable fix". He said then says he has made notes about this on my account and as soon as Tesla can figure out a good fix I will be notified to get it fixed correctly.
I have seen a fair amount of Model Ys with the protrusion and a fair amount without so I just don't know lol.

Was the work done at the Fremont service center or Dublin? Asking because my initial work was done at Dublin and I have recently scheduled another appointment (for other things I've found) at the Fremont one. Just curious if it was Fremont, how your overall experience with them was.

Everything was done in Dublin so far. I read about other's poor experience at Dublin. For me it is satisfactory at best. I read on here or on reddit that the Berkeley service center is good. I'm 10 minutes away from Dublin, about 30 from Fremont and about 45 from Berkeley...

Would rate my experience about the same.
Going to try Fremont location next week, see if it is an overall smoother experience. Both are about the same drive time for me 40ish mins, so just a toss up.

Thank you for the information!

Tesla offered to take my car back after I noted all the issues. Glad I did. Rushing up the Model Y introduction date was probably a mistake. I think if I wait for the original introduction date, they will have the cars debugged and the supply chain figured out to repair things quickly.

Tesla offered to take my car back after I noted all the issues. Glad I did. Rushing up the Model Y introduction date was probably a mistake. I think if I wait for the original introduction date, they will have the cars debugged and the supply chain figured out to repair things quickly.
Agreed. First wave of the first year Teslas is not a good idea. Lesson learned. I’ve read about it here and there before but experiencing first hand for myself is something else. Definitely not getting the first run of cybertrucks.

I have the same exact issues and an appointment in Dublin for next week. Hope I get better service than you did. This is my 5th Tesla and my 2013 S60 (3xxx VIN) was better than this.

Attachments

• 9472DA13-C07F-43CE-BD34-541166AEAC97.jpeg
    9472DA13-C07F-43CE-BD34-541166AEAC97.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 100B6E20-C951-4D2E-8E43-1F39AB24BF40.jpeg
    100B6E20-C951-4D2E-8E43-1F39AB24BF40.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 66
  • E663D844-444F-4A5B-9158-3FB00B704CA5.jpeg
    E663D844-444F-4A5B-9158-3FB00B704CA5.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 9FE5D2B3-82EB-4507-8F04-81D8BA55AB6A.jpeg
    9FE5D2B3-82EB-4507-8F04-81D8BA55AB6A.jpeg