TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Express your appreciation or disappointment re: EV charging at hotels

Discussion in 'North America' started by Surge, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Surge

Surge Member

I'm not sure if this has been done here, but I have uploaded two simple Word template documents for those who want to congratulate a hotel or encourage them to install an EV charger.

I found very limited options when I looked.

(PS I am not affiliated with the Greenwood Inn in any way, but look forward to staying and charging there soon.)

Attached Files:

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I usually stop by to talk to the manager in person - either to thank them or to talk to them about what it could do for their business.

3. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Have to agree with Bonnie here.
    I am working on an hotel in Illinois over the phone and email and are asking what equipment to install .. who are extremely receptive (not mentioning the place until I see it done) ... and another member of Tesla Owners Illinois is also working on a hotel which he's mentioned publically ... American Club in Kohler, WI. I will also, come Spring, work on hotels in Door County, WI.

Should add, I can't talk to them in person as they're beyond my 85 range and no idea close by where to charge!

4. EVFest

EVFest Member

Is there no way a quick look at PlugShare won't get you the Charging points you need? www.plugshare.com
    I post a Daily Blog update on what new chargers have been installed in the Plugshare network - Either Google PlugShare Blog - or go to myplushareblog here.
    I only started in late in February, but since - there has been over 700 Chargers listed on the PlugShare Network! Including a couple CHAdeMO units - now if only TM had that Adapter for that one alread - Chicago will give you a great many DCQC (DC Quick Chargers) in that format.

5. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

It would be useful if Plugshare and other similar applications allowed the user to filter locations to hotels with chargers. If such functionality was available you would see how limited overnight charging really is.

Larry

6. GSP

GSP Member

This is an excellent idea. I have searched for hotels with J1772 stations using plugshare, recharge, charge point, google, etc. They are very difficult to find. Not what the hotel owner wants for going to the trouble of installing a J1772, nor what EV drivers want.

The best I could do is to search plugshare for J1772's, then compare to a google or apple map of hotels, and look for ones in walking distance of each other.

GSP

7. dbfish

dbfish Member

I've started to compile a list of hotels with charging for Tesla owners and a map here:

http://dcubed.com/evmap/

It links to recargo because they have a Tesla dash friendly website for checking in or updating info. Please add any hotels you know of using the form linked at the top and I'll update the map! This was discussed at length in another thread but I'm on my phone and can't find it right now. Comments and suggestions welcome!

8. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

For people traveling in Florida we started this thread:

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

There are not very many hotels in Florida with chargers. Many of them are not even listed on their websites or the charger location applications. It seems to me that many hotel managers are clueless regarding how chargers can bring business to them.

Larry

9. Park2670

Park2670 Member

I stayed in a nice hotel this weekend downtown Salt Lake. I currently do not have an electric vehicle, but thought I would ask anyway.

"Do you have a place for an electric vehicle to charge?"
    "A what??? Never even heard of such a thing."
    Guess not.

10. William13

William13 Member

I noted several in Phoenix while I was there for spring break. The only one I remember was at the Phonecian.