Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Express your appreciation or disappointment re: EV charging at hotels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this has been done here, but I have uploaded two simple Word template documents for those who want to congratulate a hotel or encourage them to install an EV charger.

I found very limited options when I looked.

(PS I am not affiliated with the Greenwood Inn in any way, but look forward to staying and charging there soon.)

Attachments

• EV appreciation template.doc
    25 KB · Views: 128
  • EV disappointment template.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 133
I usually stop by to talk to the manager in person - either to thank them or to talk to them about what it could do for their business.
Have to agree with Bonnie here.
I am working on an hotel in Illinois over the phone and email and are asking what equipment to install .. who are extremely receptive (not mentioning the place until I see it done) ... and another member of Tesla Owners Illinois is also working on a hotel which he's mentioned publically ... American Club in Kohler, WI. I will also, come Spring, work on hotels in Door County, WI.

Should add, I can't talk to them in person as they're beyond my 85 range and no idea close by where to charge!

Have to agree with Bonnie here.
Should add, I can't talk to them in person as they're beyond my 85 range and no idea close by where to charge!
Is there no way a quick look at PlugShare won't get you the Charging points you need? [url]www.plugshare.com[/URL]
I post a Daily Blog update on what new chargers have been installed in the Plugshare network - Either Google PlugShare Blog - or go to myplushareblog here.
I only started in late in February, but since - there has been over 700 Chargers listed on the PlugShare Network! Including a couple CHAdeMO units - now if only TM had that Adapter for that one alread - Chicago will give you a great many DCQC (DC Quick Chargers) in that format.

Is there no way a quick look at PlugShare won't get you the Charging points you need? http://www.plugshare.com/www.plugshare.com

It would be useful if Plugshare and other similar applications allowed the user to filter locations to hotels with chargers. If such functionality was available you would see how limited overnight charging really is.

Larry

It would be useful if Plugshare and other similar applications allowed the user to filter locations to hotels with chargers. If such functionality was available you would see how limited overnight charging really is.

Larry

This is an excellent idea. I have searched for hotels with J1772 stations using plugshare, recharge, charge point, google, etc. They are very difficult to find. Not what the hotel owner wants for going to the trouble of installing a J1772, nor what EV drivers want.

The best I could do is to search plugshare for J1772's, then compare to a google or apple map of hotels, and look for ones in walking distance of each other.

GSP

This is an excellent idea. I have searched for hotels with J1772 stations using plugshare, recharge, charge point, google, etc. They are very difficult to find. Not what the hotel owner wants for going to the trouble of installing a J1772, nor what EV drivers want.

The best I could do is to search plugshare for J1772's, then compare to a google or apple map of hotels, and look for ones in walking distance of each other.

GSP

I've started to compile a list of hotels with charging for Tesla owners and a map here:

http://dcubed.com/evmap/

It links to recargo because they have a Tesla dash friendly website for checking in or updating info. Please add any hotels you know of using the form linked at the top and I'll update the map! This was discussed at length in another thread but I'm on my phone and can't find it right now. Comments and suggestions welcome!

GSP

For people traveling in Florida we started this thread:

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

There are not very many hotels in Florida with chargers. Many of them are not even listed on their websites or the charger location applications. It seems to me that many hotel managers are clueless regarding how chargers can bring business to them.

Larry

I stayed in a nice hotel this weekend downtown Salt Lake. I currently do not have an electric vehicle, but thought I would ask anyway.

"Do you have a place for an electric vehicle to charge?"
"A what??? Never even heard of such a thing."
Guess not.