Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expressway exits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very new to the FSD thing.

So I've had my LRMY for a week now and I've just subscribed to FSD for a road trip this weekend, and I thought I understood the differences between Autopilot, FSD, and FSD beta. Isn't my FSD supposed to take exits off of expressways during navigation? Or is it like a lane change and will only do so after I signal?

Second, what does this mean for non-expressway streets that are well-marked? Will the Tesla turn at lights in that instance?

Loving the car.

...Isn't my FSD supposed to take exits off of expressways during navigation?...
Yes
Or is it like a lane change and will only do so after I signal?
No. That is an option if you want human inputs, but highway FSD is designed to do everything without a single input from humans from the ramp on to ramp off, even through various interchanges, and freeways.

Please go to the Autopilot configuration and click all the options.

Second, what does this mean for non-expressway streets that are well-marked? Will the Tesla turn at lights in that instance?
No.

Tesla makes a distinction between FSD and FSD beta.

Since you didn't take the Safety Score and didn't get an email congratulating you that you are now added to the pool of FSD beta, you don't have it.

What you have now is FSD without the word beta. Your FSD without the word beta is currently only designed for highways and not for city streets, although you can use some functions but not those you mentioned above.

Yes

No. That is an option if you want human inputs, but highway FSD is designed to do everything without a single input from humans from the ramp on to ramp off, even through various interchanges, and freeways.

Please go to the Autopilot configuration and click all the options.

No.

Tesla makes a distinction between FSD and FSD beta.

Since you didn't take the Safety Score and didn't get an email congratulating you that you are now added to the pool of FSD beta, you don't have it.

What you have now is FSD without the word beta. Your FSD without the word beta is currently only designed for highways and not for city streets, although you can use some functions but not those you mentioned above.
Thank you. Then I guess I am having an issue with the FSD. IT will change lanes when I signal, but will not follow the navigation and take an exit.

Thank you. Then I guess I am having an issue with the FSD. IT will change lanes when I signal, but will not follow the navigation and take an exit.
Make sure that the NOA button/indicator near the Cancel navigation button is blue when navigating. If it isn't, then you do not have NOA enabled. Tap it to turn it on. Then, go to your autopilot settings and toggle the control to turn on NOA for each drive.