TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Extend Cabin Overheat Protection

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MIT_S60, Jul 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

Is there a way to extend the cabin overheat protection past 12 hours without getting in the car? I'm in Las Vegas for the weekend, and left the car in the valet area, so I'd like to prevent the cabin from roasting in 120 degree weather without returning to the car or remotely running the AC too often.

2. KidDoc

KidDoc Supporting Member

I use Dashboard for Tesla app for android for this issue. Can just set it to keep temperature under 105 or whatever and it will query the car at whatever interval I set and make sure it is done.

3. tccartier

tccartier Member

That reminds me to ask... How much of a range hog is the cabin overheat protection (assuming Arizona Sunshine on a 110 deg. day for approx. 12 hrs.?) Anyone?

4. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

Similar 100+ degree dry climate here, I found on a particularly hot day that my MS 60 lost ~5% SoC sitting in the parking lot during my 9 hour work day.

5. LuPapa

LuPapa Member

Valet at any of the big hotels is in a garage. So temp should be more like 95 without any outside intervention. Valet Almost always uses the lower floors of a parking structure for speed and easy access for them. Login remotely and check the temps. I'm curious.

6. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Was at Caesars last weekend. Valet was still pushing 104 degrees.

7. jddssc121

jddssc121 Member

I live in Vegas. Been 110+ this week. Interior of the car hit 115 a few times (i don't have cabin protection turned on, otherwise it would never turn off).....I don't worry about. Every other car in Vegas survives just fine without this feature. I just pre-condition the car when I'm walking out to it, and it's cooled down when i get to it.

As far as range goes, I've noticed if i run it for the full 30 mins, it takes off 2-3 miles.