Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Hi, I am calculating my options regarding a new M3P, MSLR or a used MSP100, mainly to get the free supercharging so would be pre 2017 and not from Tesla but I don't know if the warranty would be worth purchasing, I do around 100k per year so it'll only add an extra 6 months so I really don't know if it'd be the best option? Opinions please! Thanks

Hi, I am calculating my options regarding a new M3P, MSLR or a used MSP100, mainly to get the free supercharging so would be pre 2017 and not from Tesla but I don't know if the warranty would be worth purchasing, I do around 100k per year so it'll only add an extra 6 months so I really don't know if it'd be the best option? Opinions please! Thanks

How much is the extended warranty and is it a Tesla warranty or third party?

I don't know as I haven't purchased a car yet, it would be a Tesla warranty that I'd be interested as the others wouldn't cover hire and reward (I do chauffeur work, based in Leicestershire and go mainly to Heathrow but also birmingham, Manchester etc)

I don't know as I haven't purchased a car yet, it would be a Tesla warranty that I'd be interested as the others wouldn't cover hire and reward (I do chauffeur work, based in Leicestershire and go mainly to Heathrow but also birmingham, Manchester etc)

If using for professional work I wouldn't bother because you would be racking the miles up very quickly and I am not too sure on Tesla's warranty policy for professional drivers

Reactions: m3gt2
I don't believe that Tesla provides extended warranties anymore. In the US, there seems to be a couple of companies providing third party warranties at this time.

The question is are you wanting an extended warranty or service plan. From a service plan perspective Tesla is starting to take the approach that the cars really aren't needing much service, so no need to offer service plans.

Extended warranties are just a simple insurance plan. As a long range driver, it may just be better to take the risk.

Reactions: m3gt2
I was talking about warranty rather than a service plan, I was aware they need virtually zero maintenance and was thinking of taking it to my normal garage to check the suspension etc at regular intervals and then take it Tesla for them to check it over once a year, unless anything happened that needed attention obviously?

Has anyone looked at Extended Warranties in UK recently? I was planning on taking one out for my MS Raven but assumed I had plenty of time. I've just noticed that Allianz (who were the UK provider) stopped offering cover from 1st Jan 2020, and I can't find any reference on Tesla to any similar coverage.

Thoughts?