Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A) Is there an extended warranty for a Model Y? I can find references to a Model S & Model X, but nothing for a Y.

B) If there is, has anyone bought one?

C) How many years does it add? And what is the cost?

EDIT: Forgot to add - I am looking for Tesla's extended warranty. Not a third party...

Last edited:
A) Is there an extended warranty for a Model Y? I can find references to a Model S & Model X, but nothing for a Y.

B) If there is, has anyone bought one?

C) How many years does it add? And what is the cost?

I do not believe there is one from Tesla.

This company offers one. They are a vendor here. I think that’s the only option.

X-Care - Xcelerate Auto

• Love
Reactions: jezroj
They probably learned their lesson on the Model S/X warranty. I'd have to track down costs for my recent service visits, but the 4yr extended I got on my 2013 has paid for itself at least 2 times over as of last year (was at ~$9k in repairs between year 4 and year 7). That was an early car and I don't think it's quite so bad now, but you can see why they might have stopped offering it.

They probably learned their lesson on the Model S/X warranty. I'd have to track down costs for my recent service visits, but the 4yr extended I got on my 2013 has paid for itself at least 2 times over as of last year (was at ~$9k in repairs between year 4 and year 7). That was an early car and I don't think it's quite so bad now, but you can see why they might have stopped offering it.

@Gizmotoy out of curiousity, what were some of the bigger-ticket repairs?