Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty for my Model X - Is it worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I have 30K miles on my 2018 X. I am debating getting the extended warranty from Tesla. I have had quite a few issues with the car (minor and major) and had originally planned on keeping it for 8-10 years.

I understand that there is a deductible for every repair and the up-front cost is not cheap, but given the car's history and my original plans to keep the car, is it worth it?

Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences?
XCare has coverage available for up to 10 additional years or 175k total miles, $100 deductible and apples to apples better, more flexible terms than the Tesla ESA. Hit me up for a no hassle quote. [email protected] xcelerateauto.com/x-care and scroll down to payment calculator to explore rate examples (more available offline). Cheers.

Reactions: mswlogo
XCare has coverage available for up to 10 additional years or 175k total miles, $100 deductible and apples to apples better, more flexible terms than the Tesla ESA. Hit me up for a no hassle quote. [email protected] xcelerateauto.com/x-care and scroll down to payment calculator to explore rate examples (more available offline). Cheers.

I have 14K miles 2019 X.

I just tried it. 50K mile plan is $3200.00 to add 15,000 miles beyond factory warranty of 50K miles.

Yep, those shorter extensions aren't really the best deals. A 10yr/75k warranty, which takes you out to 4/2031 or 90k miles would be a better match for your use case, and would set you back $4122.
It seems the plans encourage you to wait. The more miles I have on it, the more that will get covered. Without that much price increase. I can get 100K miles for $4279 if I wait until I have 50K miles. I’ll hit miles before years.

Also, is it refundable and/or transferable.

It seems the plans encourage you to wait. The more miles I have on it, the more that will get covered. Without that much price increase. I can get 100K miles for $4279 if I wait until I have 50K miles. I’ll hit miles before years.

Also, is it refundable and/or transferable.
If you are at the end of your warranty in 2023 (assuming today's pricing) and with current useage you'll be at 35k miles tops, and you purchase a 4 year/50k miles warranty it'll cost you $4067 and cover you til 2027 or 85k miles. If you purchase the 10/75 for $4122 now, you are covered til 4/2031 or 90k miles. 5k more miles and four additional years of coverage for $55.