Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty is it worth it $540 6 month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question I purchased 2021 MYP
Through geico insurance they offered me 6 month for $540 mechanical breakdown

The way it works 7 year 100k first 50.000!mfg warranty if not covered they geico will cover

$1080 per year for 7 years

What can go wrong not wear and tear will be worth $8k over 7 years

Trying to figure out shall I take it or not

Experience has shown that you should never purchase an extended vehicle warranty. These warranties rarely make sense (you rarely if ever get back in service what they cost up front.) They make money for the dealer or third party selling the warranty. (This is why people receive all those robocalls about our vehicle warranty being about to expire.)
Just put some money aside each month ($25, 50$ etc.) that will be used for any needed repairs.

Reactions: VegasMYP and saj070
I have a question I purchased 2021 MYP
Through geico insurance they offered me 6 month for $540 mechanical breakdown

The way it works 7 year 100k first 50.000!mfg warranty if not covered they geico will cover

$1080 per year for 7 years

What can go wrong not wear and tear will be worth $8k over 7 years

Trying to figure out shall I take it or not
If you'd like to explore XCare coverage for your Model Y, check us out at www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare for a no hassle quote and info.
And no, we never robocall or harass people, just Tesla OGs providing coverage for our community. Cheers! Brent @ XCare

If you'd like to explore XCare coverage for your Model Y, check us out at www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare for a no hassle quote and info.
And no, we never robocall or harass people, just Tesla OGs providing coverage for our community. Cheers! Brent @ XCare
BINGO. This is what I got after having the car 4 years +. That Geico thing sounds really expensive for the amount of time they cover. I guess they have to afford those expensive commercials somehow.

Reactions: saj070
Thank you for the reply what guarantee when it come for repairs?

I guess third party warranty give you hard time in don't want that