Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty News Flash !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, who's going to be the test pilot for this? It's actually interesting timing as I just hit 49,500 over the weekend. And last I recall most warranty providers will cover only if the vehicle has less than 50K miles. Time to head to BBB, AM Best and a handful of others to check out this outfit.

Reactions: Cowby
Hi everyone!

X-Care here. We have already sold quite a few to date.

Here is a great thread that has a lot of info that I have been providing individuals. Should help answer a lot of questions about coverage but will you give you some cliff notes...

First 3rd party extended warranty for Tesla’s

Exclusionary Coverage - (We built the contract to mirror Tesla's ESA's exclusions)
$100 deductible per service visit
24/7 Roadside Assistance
Trip Interruption
Ability to have X-Care if you use your car for Lyft/Uber or any other livery/commercial use option ($350 surcharge)
No limitations on who can purchase (purchased from a dealer or 3rd party owners are fine)

I have attached our exclusions here for everyone's reading and terms and conditions.

Just for a little expansion on coverage - Anything that goes wrong outside of an item that is specifically mentioned in the exclusions, would be covered by X-Care. The largest items and most recurring that owners have spoken about are; MCU, Instrument cluster, window regulators, Sensors, cameras, harnesses, air suspension/suspension, pano roof issues, door handles, falcon wing doors issues, charging issues, charge port doors, your internal heating systems/AC system (HVAC Systems), Electronic controls module, and the list goes on, all of which would be covered under X-Care.

"Inclusionary Service Agreements" tend to be less reliable because they only cover what is specifically mentioned, rather than covering everything unless specifically excluded. In a product with tens of thousands of parts, a consumer would prefer the latter because it increases scope of coverage.

Feel free to ask any questions!

X-Care - Xcelerate Auto

Use this Referral code for $100 off - XcelerateTMC

Attachments

• X-CARE_EV.pdf
    300.6 KB · Views: 222
  • X-Care EV Brochure.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
So, who's going to be the test pilot for this? It's actually interesting timing as I just hit 49,500 over the weekend. And last I recall most warranty providers will cover only if the vehicle has less than 50K miles. Time to head to BBB, AM Best and a handful of others to check out this outfit.

Hi @RoninAMG - We, Xcelerate Auto, partnered with Endurance Dealer Services and AmTrust Financial to create X-Care.

Endurance Dealer Services is one of the largest providers of service agreements in the country.

Consumer Affairs - Endurance Dealer Service - 3,325 Reviews

AmTrust financial is a global financial company that is publicly traded and has a "A-" Rating by A.M. Best. Property and Casualty Insurance | AmTrust Financial

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I tried a few different years and models and this is what seemed to come back the majority of the time. I purchased the car last year from a private party under the impression that I could add the ESA directly from Tesla before 50K miles. Once I began my inquiries I was told that I could NOT purchase the Extended Service Agreement because the "Private Owner" purchased vehicle as a CPO which Monkey Humped me out of being able to buy the ESA. I don't think he left out the information intentionally. He just didn't know because he gave me the opportunity to buy from him directly before transferring ownership to me. Anyway, I've heard so many different sides to the value of these warranties. I have less than 500 miles to decide.

4 yr and 50,000 miles
$4,699
Coverage until 02/18/2023 and 99,500 miles

2 yr and 30,000 miles
$3,399
Coverage until 02/18/2021 and 79,500 miles

https://www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care/#form-select

Tesla ESA Prices.

Model S Purchased within 180 Days
2-Year Extended Service Agreement $2,100
4-Year Extended Service Agreement $4,250

Purchased after 180 Days
4-Year Extended Service Agreement $2,600
4-Year Extended Service Agreement $4,750

Hi everyone!

X-Care here. We have already sold quite a few to date.

Here is a great thread that has a lot of info that I have been providing individuals. Should help answer a lot of questions about coverage but will you give you some cliff notes...

First 3rd party extended warranty for Tesla’s

Exclusionary Coverage - (We built the contract to mirror Tesla's ESA's exclusions)
$100 deductible per service visit
24/7 Roadside Assistance
Trip Interruption
Ability to have X-Care if you use your car for Lyft/Uber or any other livery/commercial use option ($350 surcharge)
No limitations on who can purchase (purchased from a dealer or 3rd party owners are fine)

I have attached our exclusions here for everyone's reading and terms and conditions.

Just for a little expansion on coverage - Anything that goes wrong outside of an item that is specifically mentioned in the exclusions, would be covered by X-Care. The largest items and most recurring that owners have spoken about are; MCU, Instrument cluster, window regulators, Sensors, cameras, harnesses, air suspension/suspension, pano roof issues, door handles, falcon wing doors issues, charging issues, charge port doors, your internal heating systems/AC system (HVAC Systems), Electronic controls module, and the list goes on, all of which would be covered under X-Care.

"Inclusionary Service Agreements" tend to be less reliable because they only cover what is specifically mentioned, rather than covering everything unless specifically excluded. In a product with tens of thousands of parts, a consumer would prefer the latter because it increases scope of coverage.

Feel free to ask any questions!

X-Care - Xcelerate Auto

Use this Referral code for $100 off - XcelerateTMC

Definitely going to have to read up on this.

So lets say the MCU fails, we go to tesla and we submit the claim to you all?

Reactions: RoninAMG
Definitely going to have to read up on this.

So lets say the MCU fails, we go to tesla and we submit the claim to you all?

You call our custom 1-800 number for all X-Care Tesla owners, state your issue (in this example, MCU/screen failed), they will relay info to Tesla along with telling them that you are X-Care covered and phone # for them to get paid - they will either reach out to you for scheduling or you do it on your phone (or show up - dependent on how serious the issue is). You show up to service center or ranger shows up to fix car, they call our number for the credit card info and we pay for the bill minus the $100 deductible.

The claim begins when you call the X-Care Tesla hotline.

I entered my data and I think I'll just gamble and pay per repair. It came out to nearly $7000 for the 4 year warranty for me. Now if I had it about a year ago when I had to get my rear half axles replaced it may have worked!

My car is almost 5 years old/80K miles now and I'm hoping to keep it at least 3 more if not 5 more years.

• Informative
Reactions: 1375mlm
I entered my data and I think I'll just gamble and pay per repair. It came out to nearly $7000 for the 4 year warranty for me. Now if I had it about a year ago when I had to get my rear half axles replaced it may have worked!

My car is almost 5 years old/80K miles now and I'm hoping to keep it at least 3 more if not 5 more years.

Cost of coverage does increase when your vehicle is on the higher end of mileage. Risk would be greater - functions like an insurance policy.

You call our custom 1-800 number for all X-Care Tesla owners, state your issue (in this example, MCU/screen failed), they will relay info to Tesla along with telling them that you are X-Care covered and phone # for them to get paid - they will either reach out to you for scheduling or you do it on your phone (or show up - dependent on how serious the issue is). You show up to service center or ranger shows up to fix car, they call our number for the credit card info and we pay for the bill minus the $100 deductible.

The claim begins when you call the X-Care Tesla hotline.

This is big for dealership buys. Very big. Especially considering I have been looking at a dealership car and concerned with the warranty.

This is big for dealership buys. Very big. Especially considering I have been looking at a dealership car and concerned with the warranty.

We agree. We are going to partner with some of the larger dealers in the US that currently sell a lot of Teslas so they are able to package with the vehicle inventory at time of sale. That way you are able to roll the cost into your financing.

Read the attached pdf's to the OP post. The list of excluded / non-covered items is very extensive. I don't see the point in an extended warranty if doesn't cover items like the battery or drive train items. This seams to be a typical theme of most extended warranty programs.

Read the attached pdf's to the OP post. The list of excluded / non-covered items is very extensive. I don't see the point in an extended warranty if doesn't cover items like the battery or drive train items. This seams to be a typical theme of most extended warranty programs.

@dabbler - This is the number 1 question we receive. When designing the contract, we mirrored the exclusions that Tesla's ESA has. The battery and drivetrain are covered under a seperate 8 year warranty and not part of your bumper-to-bumper limited warranty which is transferable to any new owner. X-Care, along with Tesla's ESA, is an extension to your limited warranty, not your battery and drivetrain warranty.

Anything that goes wrong outside of an item that is specifically mentioned in the exclusions, would be covered by X-Care (similar wording to the Tesla ESA). The largest items and most recurring that owners have spoken about are; MCU, Instrument cluster, window regulators, Sensors, cameras, harnesses, air suspension/suspension, pano roof issues, door handles, falcon wing doors issues, charging issues, charge port doors, headlight/taillight assembly, your internal heating systems/AC system (HVAC Systems), Electronic controls module, and the list goes on, all of which would be covered under X-Care.

As an update for everyone - we recently changed coverage to cover the headlight assembly if that goes out. That will retroactively be available to all that have already ordered and everyone in the future. We will send revised terms and state the updated changes. I have attached the modified exclusions (second page of brochure) for everyone to see.

Attachments

• X-Care EV Brochure.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I spent a good 45 minutes on the phone with them yesterday. Cool cats. I reviewed the contract and had my family attorney go through to see if anything out of ordinary. And he ended up giving it a clean Bill of Health. The hold up right now for me is that it still needs to be approved by the State of IL. As soon as it’s green lit he’s going to call me and button this deal down. Fully transferable to new owner for a fee of course. And refundable on a Prorated basis like many others out there. I’ll post once I have more Intel.