Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty News Flash !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@X-Care EV, when do you plan on rolling this out for California?

California does not allow direct sales of Vehicle Service Contracts via online. We are working with our team to figure out how we can sell in CA but no ETA as of yet. Once we are live, we will start signing up dealers to sell with the vehicle inventory and maybe there might be a solution there - but not sure as of yet.

Will make sure to keep everyone up to date with whatever happens.

• Informative
Reactions: Need
Based on some feedback from some TMC members, we just released some new coverage options that, in most scenarios, priced cheaper than the ESA.

What's new?
  • 2018-2019 Model S, Model X and Model 3 with up to 30,000 miles
    • Now have a 5 year and 125,000 mile option. If you are in the category, then you will likely go through your factory warranty quickly and want to provide coverage well above 100k miles
  • 2014-2017 Model S, Model X, and Model 3
    • We added a 6 year and 75,000 mile option. This is great for owners that have two years left on their factory warranty and looking to own their car for a while. You can now purchase this X-Care coverage option that is priced cheaper to the ESA (in most scenarios). No need to wait until you are on the bridge of warranty expiration.
  • Live in a new states
    • We are now live in Hawaii, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oklahoma! We have a lot of people waiting in other states that we will reach out to once we are live in those states.

Use Referral code: XcelerateTMC at checkout for a $100 discount!

Please let me know if you have any questions!
[email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: SpudLime and byeLT4
I prefer Tesla extended warranty since the price differences is minimal with no deductible. Tesla provide loaner car and has Mobile service.

Yes that's true if :

1. You are covered by the original warranty
2. But used via Tesla or private party and are eligible for warranty

This is beneficial for dealer third party purchases or people who have gone out of their original warranty.

Other option is to forecast repairs and save/invest and hope your ROI covers the repairs over time.

I prefer Tesla extended warranty since the price differences is minimal with no deductible. Tesla provide loaner car and has Mobile service.

Tesla's Extended Service Agreement has a $200 deductible per service visit. X-Care is only $100 per visit.

From Tesla's Site:
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/service/vehicle_extended_service_agreement_en_us.pdf
A. Deductible You are responsible for the Deductible of $200 per Visit.

Being an X-Care Member means you are still servicing your vehicle through Tesla Service. This means nothing changes with mobile service or getting a loaner. As of right now, Tesla provides loaners to people outside of factory warranty. If that ever changes, then X-Care will provide a rental of up to $50 per day for up to 5 days. This is an added benefit in case something changes with Tesla policy.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Any updates on the state of WA.

Also, as I am in the state of WA and we buy the plan (once it is active and available) - then move to CA, as we plan to in two years, will the service still be valid? since it is not currently active in CA?

Any updates on the state of WA.

Also, as I am in the state of WA and we buy the plan (once it is active and available) - then move to CA, as we plan to in two years, will the service still be valid? since it is not currently active in CA?

WA is a bit complicated due to their laws for how vehicle service agreements can be sold. No update as of yet, but WA and CA are one of the handful of states that are left.

Once you purchase, it doesn't matter what state you live in, the process will be the same. The only complications is at time of sale.

I just had to have my computer replaced in my M3. Due to my location the car had to be towed 250+ miles in each direction as it was not a repair that could be done by mobile service.

Being that NY has been doing what they can to prevent more service centers I'm not expecting this to change anytime soon.

Would your contact also cover the tow requirement? The return driver told me it was a $1000 tow back to me....

You call our custom 1-800 number for all X-Care Tesla owners, state your issue (in this example, MCU/screen failed), they will relay info to Tesla along with telling them that you are X-Care covered

It took me 5 days straight of calling 1800 Tesla personally to even get any progress made. I literally laughed out loud when I read this as it took them 5 days to figure out where to tow it.

I just had to have my computer replaced in my M3. Due to my location the car had to be towed 250+ miles in each direction as it was not a repair that could be done by mobile service.

Being that NY has been doing what they can to prevent more service centers I'm not expecting this to change anytime soon.

Would your contact also cover the tow requirement? The return driver told me it was a $1000 tow back to me....

It took me 5 days straight of calling 1800 Tesla personally to even get any progress made. I literally laughed out loud when I read this as it took them 5 days to figure out where to tow it.

Yes. X-Care will cover towing to the nearest qualified repair facility. So if you nearest Service Center is 250+ miles away, we will cover towing.

Yes. X-Care will cover towing to the nearest qualified repair facility. So if you nearest Service Center is 250+ miles away, we will cover towing.

Does this also cover towing a loaner to my location before picking up my vehicle? Where can I see this in writing? If so, despite costing initially more than Tesla's extended warranty, x-care might be worth it.

Does this also cover towing a loaner to my location before picking up my vehicle? Where can I see this in writing? If so, despite costing initially more than Tesla's extended warranty, x-care might be worth it.

No X-Care would not cover towing another vehicle that is not your own. However, X-Care does have rental coverage if needed.

Page 3 on the contract states the following:
  1. Towing Service: We will cover in total any tow of the covered Vehicle up to fifty (50) miles or less to the Selling Dealer (as long as the Selling Dealer has vehicle repair capabilities). If the Selling Dealer is located over fifty (50) miles from the disablement location, or does not have repair capabilities, then Your covered Vehicle may be towed to the nearest alternate qualifying repair facility.
Since Tesla Service is the only "qualified repair facility" then we will cover towing of your vehicle.

On that same page, you can ready about Substitute Transportation:
  1. Substitute Transportation: In the event of a covered Breakdown, We will pay or reimburse You for receipted expenses to rent a replacement vehicle (from a licensed rental agency) or for alternate public transportation while Your Vehicle is at a licensed repair facility. Coverage will be provided to You on the following basis, up to a maximum of fifty dollars ($50) per day and a maximum of two hundred and fifty ($250) dollars for each repair visit.
X-Care should not cost you more than Tesla's ESA. If it does, please reach out to us and we will match. Send us your Year, Model, and odometer, state along with a screen shot showing what Tesla's offer is.

Thank you,
Email: [email protected]

Attachments

• X-Care EV Contract.pdf
    309.7 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: HankLloydRight