Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty Switzerland (Tesla Anschlussgarantieversicherung)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
By the way did you get your Extended Warranty for your Model X ?
Good morning @PatrickCH4313 :

Thanks for asking - this is getting to a little anxiety-rich subject :eek:.

As Tesla Luxembourg has steadfastly/stubbornly refused to pick up the vehicle at our home (due to Covid-19) we saw no other way to keep calm than spending these 3,610 EUR before the month ends.

Easy as pie, you would guess - so I started this last Wednesday. First (unannounced): AMEX cards not accepted (would have been easier, as other cards will have to have the limit adapted before spending this amount.

OK, other cards (2 x VISA, 1 x Mastercard) with more than sufficient limits ready - and when the 3D Secure authorization is requested the [expletive of your choice] system grinds its little wheels for 5-6 minutes followed by a timeout/error message.

Several emails to the support, accompanied by the relevant screenshots, and a request for a normal account number so that I could just make an ordinary SEPA bank transfer = no account number available, and as for the authorization problem: they'll have their staff look into it :mad:.

This is getting really frustrating, as running a (by the time we return to Europe) five-year-old MX without any kind of warranty coverage is IMHO more than a little risky. Hopefully the situation will be fixed before next Wednesday!

EDIT: Finally, I managed to get through (apparently on a Palm Sunday morning at 09.45 AM nobody in Luxembourg is doing anything financial) - we're relieved!!

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickCH4313
Good morning @PatrickCH4313 :

Thanks for asking - this is getting to a little anxiety-rich subject :eek:.

As Tesla Luxembourg has steadfastly/stubbornly refused to pick up the vehicle at our home (due to Covid-19) we saw no other way to keep calm than spending these 3,610 EUR before the month ends.

Easy as pie, you would guess - so I started this last Wednesday. First (unannounced): AMEX cards not accepted (would have been easier, as other cards will have to have the limit adapted before spending this amount.

OK, other cards (2 x VISA, 1 x Mastercard) with more than sufficient limits ready - and when the 3D Secure authorization is requested the [expletive of your choice] system grinds its little wheels for 5-6 minutes followed by a timeout/error message.

Several emails to the support, accompanied by the relevant screenshots, and a request for a normal account number so that I could just make an ordinary SEPA bank transfer = no account number available, and as for the authorization problem: they'll have their staff look into it :mad:.

This is getting really frustrating, as running a (by the time we return to Europe) five-year-old MX without any kind of warranty coverage is IMHO more than a little risky. Hopefully the situation will be fixed before next Wednesday!

EDIT: Finally, I managed to get through (apparently on a Palm Sunday morning at 09.45 AM nobody in Luxembourg is doing anything financial) - we're relieved!!
I'm glad you got it :)

• Love
Reactions: krouebi
There are also some other offerings for warranty extensions in Switzerland. Including the "TCS":
Tesla Anschlussgarantie / Garantieverlängerung
Now that was a very interesting page you linked to @M3-CH - thanks! (even though some of the offerings are only valid in Switzerland)

After seven months, and 25,650 km, of effectively USING the Helvetia warranty extension insurance I can wholeheartedly recommend subscribing to it - at least for owners of Model S and particularly Model X vehicles.

3,610 EUR is a hefty sum, but considering that during the period since we returned to Europe from the Philippines we have had repair bills amounting to more than twice that amount covered by the insurance, we're very happy that the payment problems two years back were resolved!

It's too bad that we only could "start" using the insurance 18 months into the total 4 years, and we'll probably also cut off 6 months at the end if we're staying the winter 2024-2025 in the Philippines, but even so, it's been VERY advantageous to us.