Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty - trapped in the in between zone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have an original Signature that I bought second hand.

As my warranty was coming to expiry I was willing to buy an extended warranty but was told it was not offered to second owners.

Now, within 2 months of expiry I find that Tesla has changed policy.

Anyone else fall through the cracks on this?

Have an original Signature that I bought second hand.

As my warranty was coming to expiry I was willing to buy an extended warranty but was told it was not offered to second owners.

Now, within 2 months of expiry I find that Tesla has changed policy.

Anyone else fall through the cracks on this?
Have you called Tesla to see if they will make an exception for you?

Not sure if the rules in Canada are different, but according to this (US page), you can buy up to one month before expiry:

Vehicle Warranty

This is a common misconception, but it's actually up to 30 days/1000 miles AFTER expiration (in US, at least.)

"What is the eligible purchase period for Tesla Extended Service Agreements, and what do they cover?
You may purchase the Extended Service Agreement no later than 30 days or 1,000 miles (1,600 km), whichever occurs first, past the expiration of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

I am about a month away from my 4 year ownership anniversary and am still looking for advice on purchasing an extended package.

One problem I have is I get to the extended warranty page via My Tesla, and when I click on the "Learn More" link, nothing happens!!!!

And I really need to learn more before I can make an informed decision.

I am also trying to rationalize why the 2 year plan costs $2800 Cdn and the 4 year plan costs $5700 Cdn? Shouldn't the 4 year commitment be less expensive by some amount?

In Manitoba, waiting to wake my 2013 Grey S85 from its winter slumber.