Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just dropped my X off at the SC and again inquired about both the extended Warranty and the Service packages. SC advises that those packages are still not available for the Model X, but they are expecting something soon. The policy has been that if you dont buy the service plan within the first 60 days, its wont be available to you. SC says those deadlines have been extended because no service plans have been offered yet.

I was in my local SC yesterday, Dec 2, and was told they had no word as yet. Spoke to two other MX owners and they were both curious as well. Not sure what the hold up could be since the MX's are stating to line up for their first annual service now.

On another note, I commented to the service staff about my 7week wait for an appointment. They mentioned that Tesla is gearing up to add multiple service centers and chargers in anticipation of the new model 3. I think we all agree that increased support staff and facilities will reduce our current anxieties, and I believe things are certainly better than they were during the first MS deliveries back in 2013. Its a steep hill, but we seem to be making the climb successfully.