Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ExtendView Side Mirrors -- outstanding visibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wiz I'm glad that works for you, but it appears to me that it reduces the field of view of the factory mirrors and...it looks bad. I highly recommend mend the ExtendView side mirrors, they are amazing and the fit is perfect.

Honesty you have to set your mirrors correctly, most people don't. If you're looking at the side of your car in your mirror, they're set wrong. I typically try to have them that I slightly shift my head to bring the car's side back in view. I haven't tried the Extended, but I don't like the double sticky mirror thing. If I could remove the old mirror and put them on that would be better for me. Also some people were saying that they play with your head a bit, that there is not a cutoff to know where they start to bend the light/image. With these you can see exactly where the cut-off is. It works perfectly for me. Honestly I really don't care how they look, I'm more of a functional person anyway. And having mirrors that I can use and trust is priority #1.

I also was thinking of popping the mirror out of that black housing, and just sticking that on. But then I won't have a clear line of divide between the regular mirror and convex. But like the ExtendView mirrors for some, possibly I could get use to it and identify this line over time. But they work now and that sticky double-sided tape is a bear to get off the mirror. Beware, you can scratch the mirror very easily if you're not careful with a flat scraper if you ever do.

Last edited:
The ExtendView have such a wide field of view that you can set them to show the side of the car (and thus a significant and useful overlap with the rear view) but they still show cars adjacent to you that you can just see in your peripheral vision without turning your head. And they have a thin vertical line in the mirror to demarcate the point where they really start to bend the image.
I've been using the ExtendView mirrors for many months now and I totally trust them. They are awesome. They are so unlike any other mirror I've ever used that I don't think you can appreciate how useful they are until you've actually driven with them for a few days.

Reactions: Bunnak
Extend View mirrors

The ExtendView have such a wide field of view that you can set them to show the side of the car (and thus a significant and useful overlap with the rear view) but they still show cars adjacent to you that you can just see in your peripheral vision without turning your head. And they have a thin vertical line in the mirror to demarcate the point where they really start to bend the image.
I've been using the ExtendView mirrors for many months now and I totally trust them. They are awesome. They are so unlike any other mirror I've ever used that I don't think you can appreciate how useful they are until you've actually driven with them for a few days.

I never wrote in, but based on your original posts, I got a pair of these last October and love them. As someone who previously had set his mirrors correctly for blind spots (like Wiztecy), these make the coverage even better. I love them and have no problems despite an astigmatism (although, my glasses/contacts correct for that so I guess it shouldn't be an issue anyway).

Thanks for putting up the suggestion way back when!

DJ

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
i also upgraded to the extenview mirrors a few weeks ago.
they are great !
you can see a car coming in the mirror until it is right next to you.
no blind spots anymore.
never had to look over my shoulders again since I had them.

• Informative
Reactions: Rolf68
I found that if I adjust the mirrors correctly, I can see into the "blind spots" just fine. In fact, before I did that I also found that turning my head didn't help, because the visibility out of the driver's side is so poor.

The trick is to move the mirrors very far out, which in the Roadster is pretty much as far as they will go.

Lean your head against the driver's side window, and then adjust the mirror so that you can just barely see the side of the car. When you're in normal position, you won't see the car at all, but you will see someone right next to you.

For the passenger's side, lean your head most of the way to the passenger's seat, and adjust (really, have someone else adjust) the mirror so you can just barely see the edge of the car, again as far as it will go. Then you can see cars right next to you on the right, too.

Then changing lanes requires only a small glance for someone who's even with or in front of you, plus checking the three mirrors.

This changed my life.

Reactions: ion_1
I found that if I adjust the mirrors correctly, I can see into the "blind spots" just fine. In fact, before I did that I also found that turning my head didn't help, because the visibility out of the driver's side is so poor.

This changed my life.

Bolosky is right, that's the way i do side mirrors on all cars. On the roadster adjusting mirrors this way gives you a continuity to follow a car from the rearview mirror to the side view mirror, and just when it leaves the sideview mirror you should be able to pick up the front of the passing car with your peripheral vision. It's a bit of a pain to adjust initially (especially with manual mirrors) but worth it. As Bolosky stated, you should not see the side of your car in the sideview mirror. Push it out (and also down a bit). Wide angle sides would be a more comfortable fix, so two possibilities.

The real problem with the roadster is backing out of a parking spot in a lot between two large (okay even normal sized ) cars. Would love an a backup camera with two 45 degree lenses or super wide angle lens. Probably out there, I should really install one...

• Helpful
Reactions: ICON
Got them FINALLY from BRG as suggested by @MCroadster. They are AWESOME! You need to get used to the slight distortion of the cars as they get closer where mirror has the "LINE". This shows the separation between normal and wide field of views, but its GREAT for blind spot elimination. I HIGHLY recommend anyone with a roadster to pick up a set. Just expect to wait a few months before they actually show up from British Racing Group....

Thanks for the recommendation!

I did the ELISE option from the British Racing, but I think the Elise and Exige mirrors are exactly the same model.

Extended View Mirrors for Lotus Elise, Exige and Evora

And added the anti glare option for extra 25.00.

HOWEVER , it looks like the ACTUAL manufacturer now has them back in stock which didn't when I ordered.
So I'd buy from the source. BRS took forever to ship them to me!

ExtendView Mirrors (TM)

I comes with 2-way adhesive that is put in the 4 corners of the mirror to attach to current mirror. Its looks weird going on, but once adhered, I've never had an issue. Just be sure to push ONLY on corners when your applying them. Pressing in center of the convex mirror will crack it...so I've heard!

Good Luck and post your experience if you acquire and install them....

Last edited: